Chapter Thirty

It's been a couple of months since New Orleans and JJ has never been happier.

They spent some time back at her parent's house and traveled around a bit, but it's been nothing compared to when they are at home on the ranch.

Jack and Heather have settled in the main house. They have started their attempt at a football team. Heather is a few months along and Jack is attentive to her every need. It gets JJ's thoughts flowing to seeing Everett knocked up. He can't wait for that day. Anna went back to Colorado but plans to stay in touch with Wyatt and Everett. She's made plans to come back and visit since Wyatt moves at a snail's pace with things. Anna has been good about not pushing him.

They still do weddings and events on the ranch. They've slowed down on how often they are holding the events so they can have more control of their time. They've focused more on weddings and each one has been full of fun and excitement for the crew.

Today JJ and Everett are hiking at Glacier Park but this hike is different from any other. They are at the top of the mountain getting ready for the best thing in the world.

"Terror, are you ready?"

"Yeah! Just finishing setting up the camera and the clicker... and done!" She states. "Are you ready? You sure about this?"

"Never been more sure!" he proudly states. His ego is at a full 10 today and you can't take shit away from him if you tried.

"Let's get changed!" Everett squeals as she runs behind a tree to get changed.

JJ goes behind another tree and changes himself. "Ok, I'm coming out. You wait until it's all set!"

"Ok, I'm almost ready!"

JJ Stands near the edge of the mountain, where she told him to stand, giddy with excitement.

"Are you ready?" She yells from behind the tree.

"Let's do this!"

She comes around the corner and JJ forgets to breathe. She is wearing a long-sleeved lace, form-fitting dress with a small train.

"You look good, princess," She gives him a wink looking him over. He's wearing tan pants, a cream button-up shirt with a brown vest.

"Compared to you, I'm garbage!" He looks her up and down, watching her blush.

"Are we ready?" A third voice asks, breaking the moment between them. "Today these two souls have decided to come together in holy matrimony. They have chosen this site as a figurative state. Climbing mountains like climbing through the struggles of life. Overcoming the climb and embracing the view, you both can see beyond the present day. This life can have the greatest moments and the toughest of moments but it is the limb that makes the journey. You both have chosen each other for this climb, a beautiful agreement," the officiant starts. JJ holds her hands in his, interlocking their fingers together. "Life will always be a climb. Another mountain to scale and having that partner in life that will encourage you, support you..."

"Not push you in a pile of manure," Everett interjects.

"Or down a hill," JJ smiles and joins.

"Uh...yeah that too..." The officiant looks between the two who giggle at each other. "Here are your rings you both picked for each other. This is more than a promise. These rings symbolize the path of life and the commitment to one another,"

They place the rings on each other's fingers. Everett designed a ring special for him. "The inscription is the soundwave of the song "Gonna Be" when you asked me to stay with you,"