By Any Means.

I had just gotten back from another meeting with Reed, he wanted to know our progress and if anything was bothering us and whatnots, just a huge fucking waste of time.

Slumping on the couch, I tried to massage my head by thinking of how Robyn went out with this Jason dude. It was unsettling to me and if it hadn't been for the meeting with Reed I would have followed her, just to make sure she was safe.

I heard the door slam closed and there stood Robyn in her shirt and shorts with her hands on her hips looking flawless as ever even if her braids are tied in a weird way right now.

"Where the hell were you Ezekiel?" she asked still standing by the door and I just stared at her, "Don't look at me like that, you weren't here when I came back," she whined walking over to me and throwing herself on the couch before putting her head on my lap and threading our fingers today.

"How was your date?" I asked smirking but I wasn't happy she went out with Jason. She sighed and started laughing alone.

"I was really awkward," she began and then she kept quiet looking like she was deep in thought.

"Why do you say that?" I asked softly and she shook her head smiling lightly.

"I was there at the date, watching him as he talked and I just kept on wondering what is it that you and I would talk about, or what Bellamy would be doing, something foolish I'm sure and I felt so bad that I kept on comparing him to other people because he's different you know?"

I looked down at her with a smile and nodded, but I don't understand what kind of 'different' she means.

"Like a good kind of different or?" looking up at me she smiled and I knew then and there that something happened.

"A great kind of different, he isn't as mysterious as you are where I have to squeeze out the information from you, or shuts down most of the things I say like Bellamy used to. He is nice and sweet and caring and he listens and-"

"I listen to you," I interrupted and she glared at me.

"It's not about you, but as I was saying, oh shit I forgot what I was saying," we laughed and we fell into a long silence before I spoke up

"So are you guys in a relationship now?"

"What kind of a woman do you take me for? One date and I'm all in? Come on it takes less than that. Either way, I said no."

"Why would you say no?" I asked playing with her braids.

"Because I don't want to lead him on, plus I just think I'm not ready for a relationship," she explained and I slowly nodded.

"I guess that's understandable, you should take your time."

"That's the plan bro, anyways I'll get me some snacks!" She got off the couch and ran over to the cupboard where I had all the snacks, "You still keep your gun here?" She shouted coming back while crunching on her corn chips.

"Yeah, I'm an organised person," I shrugged a shoulder and her head pulled back in laughter before sitting down next to me.

"Sure, what are we watching today?" She asked passing the packet over to me while switching on the TV.

"Cinderella," I said with a smirk while she groaned, I don't even know the movie but I've heard about it from my niece, "Come on, it's only fair, we watched your choice last week."

"But, Cinderella is a shit movie of things that never happened in real life!" She exclaimed throwing her hands up and I just stared down at her as she threw a tantrum. "Ezekiel, can we please watch something else. We could watch your choice next week."

She begged and I gave her a small nod, cheering and clapping her hands she chose a movie and pressed a chaste kiss on my cheek before glueing her eyes on the screen.

Instead of watching the movie with her, I watched her and the little reactions she had to the movie, and the way her mouth would open in small o's when the character said something smart, or how she'd shout at them as if they could hear her.

"Did you hear me?" She asked blinking her eyes at me.

"What?"

"I said there's someone knocking at the door," she pointed to the door and I got up walking over to it and I opened it, seeing Shawn my features hardened and he shrugged. "Who is it?" she asked softly from behind me trying to see who it was. I heard a gasp and I looked at her.

"What is it?"

"He has the prettiest green eyes I've ever seen!" she whispered and extended her hand to him, "Hi," she waved innocently at him and he waved back.

"I'm Shawn, this boneheads only friend," his hand met hers in a handshake. "What's your name?" rolling my eyes internally I answered for her.

"She's Robyn, Batman's sidekick."

"More of your boneheads best friend," she said looking up at me, "I thought I was your only friend Eze!" she punched my arm before looking at Shawn with a sweet smile. "I will leave you two to it, whatever it is..."

Instead of her going back to her apartment, she walked back to my couch and laid on it watching her movie, closing the door behind us I crossed my arms over my chest looking at him.

"She's nice," he shrugged.

"What do you want Shawn?" one thing I knew about Shawn was that he wasn't one to ever deviate from whatever he wanted to say, so to see him so distracted by Robyn did a number on me, but then again she did have that kind of effect on people.

"Oh yeah, updates on the job," he gave me a black file and I opened it paging through it really quickly, "Basically it consists of new plans, and ideas, instructions from that spoiled son."

I knew I was not the only one who thought Reed was an absolute idiotic asshole of a son. This assignment in itself was stupid.

"The sooner you get your part done, the sooner we can be done with this stupid assignment by any means necessary bro," he patted my shoulder and left. By any means necessary...

Entering my apartment again I found Robyn sleeping on my couch with the blanket draped around her legs. Switching off the tv, I picked her up and carried her back into her apartment. Heading into her bedroom, I laid her in her bed and covered her with my blanket.

"You suck," she muttered sleepily while she pouted, I sat down next to her and she yawned before speaking. "I wanted to sleep in your apartment Eze," she whined and I chuckled pressing my lips on her forehead.

"We wouldn't want to give Hades any ideas right bunny?"

"I hate you," she yawned again and within minutes she was asleep. Looking at her for over ten minutes, I finally left her apartment and I locked it with my spare key. Back in my apartment, I read through the file thoroughly this time.

'Make the subject trust you by any means necessary'

FB: Fulu's Library

Edited by Nolo M.c.P