Welcome To The Family, Se Ri

Warning: 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

Se Ri had been fidgeting the entire trip, Jeong Hyeok had to refrain from laughing at her. She could not sit still in the car to the BTV and then paced the terminal while waiting to board the plane. Good thing she was pacing, he had been recognized by several people and they wanted to get pictures, he, of course, obliged, but he couldn't keep his eyes off Se Ri who was marching first.

"No, let's not monopolize our relationship with stuff like this. If we were to meet your fans or anyone who seemed to recognize you, I am walking first." She said a while ago, not wanting to add another pressure about how their relationship should go on. He had agreed, but now he wanted to call his publicist so bad because he was willing to let this news get out. It would be better to just do it rather than someone posting a picture or trying to drop gossip and making it worse. It wasn't like he was ashamed of her, and he knew she didn't want the spotlight, but she wasn't ashamed of him either. Yes, these were things he needed to get taken care of and the fans in the airport just made it more of a reminder.

On the plane, Se Ri couldn't sit still either, she played with her seatbelt on her armrest. She put her tray down and then back up and then back down. She started to read a magazine and then stopped. After a few minutes of this frenzied behaviour, he reached for her hands.

"Baby, stop, you're driving me crazy. You have nothing to worry about, I promised." He grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it gently. "My mum will love you, and my dad too, and you know my brother loves you, you are golden."

"It's just— It's been years since— Shit."

"Se Ri, baby—"

"It's normal to worry, alright? I've never met them before! And you mentioned you have a lot of relatives, right? Your aunts, your cousin, crap, the list keeps getting longer. I am not going to survive this, Ri Jeong Hyeok."

"Okay, listen, they will be easy. My mum is eager to meet you, and so does my dad. You have nothing to worry about there so don't stress out, my love."

"Really?" She asked eyebrows cocked.

He nodded. "Ri Jeong Hyeok, what am I going to do with you?"

He leaned over, put his lips to her ear, and whispered. "Want to do something fun when we get home?"

She smiled and then punched him in the shoulder, "Fun? No, you arse. Although, if you really want to, I am not going to stop you."

When the plane landed at Incheon, Se Ri paced while they waited for their bags. The nervous energy was oozing out of her. As they walked out, they noticed Mu Hyeok was waiting for them. Se Ri took off running to go and greet her— brother in law? Future brother in law? Anyway, both Se Ri and Mu Hyeok knew they would get along so well right away after they met for the first time two months ago. He was like a big brother that Se Ri never had. She was running into his arms and giving him a huge hug.

"Hello, Buttons!" Mu Hyeok said to her as she slammed into him. "How are you? Is my brother treating you well?"

Se Ri couldn't wipe the grin off her face. "Yes! I am more than alright. And Jeong Hyeok is treating me so well, sometimes more than necessary."

The two of them started to laugh while Jeong Hyeok stood there watching, hands on his hips. "Are you two done?"

"Oh, Mr Serious!" Mu Hyeok mocked, putting his arm around Se Ri's waist, "I do need to clear something up before we go to our parents. Everyone is there. But, no worries. Because the two of you do look great together and you look very happy."