Attempting to Convince

She sighed internally at the sound of him talking through her front door. She has known Rafael all her life with their families being close. His dad had been the beta for her dad for as long as she could remember. He was 5 years older than her and never paid much attention to her while they were growing up, beginning his beta training a few years before she started her alpha training.

  She was not naïve though, having noted that he started to pay more attention to her when she hit her twenties. When she left the pack at the age of 24 he had tried to talk her out of it. She couldn't understand why he would care or why he had even bothered tracking her down after so many years. Surely he had a mate at home by now, waiting on him to return. He was 33 years old now for crying out loud!

   She growled at the door, baring her teeth, silently hoping he could feel it through the wood. She snatched her phone and ear buds off her stand on her way out towards the kitchen. Placing the pieces in her ears, she turned her favorite music app on and began humming as she made herself a cup of coffee with her new single serve coffee maker. As the machine began to heat, she poked her head into the fridge to see what she had to eat for breakfast. She snatched a peach yogurt out while thinking that she was going to have to stop at the grocery store on her way home from work to get some groceries so she would have more to eat than just yogurt. She grabbed her coffee and scooped 3 healthy scoops of hot chocolate powder into the black liquid before adding a few splashes of coffee creamer and stirring. She sat at her kitchen island with her yogurt and coffee to enjoy her meager breakfast before work. As she ate, the music distracted her from the current problem standing on her front door step that refused to go away.

   On a sigh, she got up and threw her yogurt cup away before rinsing her empty coffee cup and placing it upside down in the sink to wash later. Peering at the time, she grabbed her zippered sweatshirt and slipped into it effectively covering the art work her chosen top exposed. She loved working at the little book store/coffee shop that let her wear whatever she wanted as long as it covered where it was suppose to. The pay wasn't great but it was enough for her little apartment, phone and food. The older woman that owned the store had taken a liking to her and had taken a chance on her when she had walked in to inquire about her helped wanted sign. She checked the time and groaned. He was going to follow her and try to convince her to go back to the pack yet again.

   When trying to convince her on the way to work didn't work, he would sit and stare at her with his intense green stare until it was time for her to clock out. He would follow her home, continuing to try to convince her to leave her hard earned life and return to the pack. She shrugged at herself knowing that there was nothing he could say that would convince her to leave her life here behind before heading out the door to go to work.