The Bond

Mia nodded as she stood and grabbed the bowls off the island to put in the sink. She heard the click of her front door closing and sighed. Maybe she could let him sleep next to her just for the night. Maybe she would start to feel the bond that he felt for her to help make her decision easier. She sighed and began to pace her apartment restlessly. What if he changed his mind and didn't come back? When had he left again? Damn it she felt so anxious for his return. A soft knock had her lunging towards the door, without thinking she flung the door open letting it bang against the door stopper on the wall. There he stood shifting awkwardly holding onto the handles of his duffel bag.
" I wasn't sure if you would sti..."
   She cut off his words by jumping up and wrapping her legs around his waist and arms around his neck with a vice like grip. She buried her face into the crook of his neck taking in his scent and muttering about going to bed.
   He wrapped his spare arm around her waist to hold her in place as he walked into her apartment, kicking the door shut behind him. He followed the hallway she took to her bedroom, tossing his bag in the corner before setting her down onto her bed and clearing his throat. There was no way she hadn't felt the growing bulge in the front of his jeans as he had walked her back and he could feel his cheeks burning hot from embarrassment.
"I'm uh, gonna go change into my sleeping pants ok?"
   Her eyes went up his body noting the bulge she had felt while he walked before continuing up to his glittering green eyes and nodding. He shifted gingerly to his duffel he had tossed into the corner and began digging through it. When he found what he was looking for he went through the open door and then closed it with a soft click. She heard him shuffling around as he changed his clothes. The door opening made her jump as she jerked her head up. He stood holding a folded pile of the clothes he had been wearing. His chiseled muscles were on display as she felt her mouth begin to water at the sight. She noted every dip and scar marring his tanned flesh before looking back at his unsure face.
" So um where did you want me to sleep?"
"Here with me."
   Her response shocked them both as he dropped his clothes on top of his duffle bag and walked slowly towards her bed waiting for her to take it back and tell him to sleep on the floor. Deciding that she wasn't going to take ot back he gingerly laid down on the open side turning onto his side to look at her. She didn't know what was happening as she felt her wolf side stretch and growl with satisfaction. Her eyes must have begun to change to her wolf's gold eyes because his eyes dilated and changed to a glittering emerald green in response. She crawled across the bed to him, feeling the heat radiating off his skin. What was happening to her? She couldn't stop herself as her head lowered and she licked his neck nipping his shoulder before licking away the sting. She heard a low guttural growl leave his throat before she was suddenly on her back looking up at him with him cradled between her legs, his hands on either side of her head, his eyes glowing down at her. The eyes of his wolf responding to the eyes of hers. His voice was deep as he began to speak through gritted teeth.
"You're playing with fire Mia. Be sure you're ready before setting us both ablaze."
"I'm sure."