Technical Difficulties

She entered the little shop ahead of him and headed behind the counter of the coffee bar. He walked up and placed his order for a large hot coffee with sweet cream and a fresh cheese danish that he had become quite fond of. He took his order to his usual corner, sitting down, watching the shop through half slit eyes as he had done for the last 2 weeks. His eyes wandered over to the counter where Mia stood with a little red apron tied around her waist. She turned her back to him and he nearly choked on the swallow of coffee in his mouth. Adjusting himself under the table, he was grateful the shop wasn't as packed as it normally was this time of day. He saw her ivory skin along her spine, near the top he caught glimpses of color, as she moved around her station filling incoming orders. He began to daydream about those glimpses of color and slipping that red sweater off of her.

   A noise brought his attention back to the present. Mia stood in front of him with an annoyed look on her face shifting back and forth with her feet.

"Sorry to interrupt your fantasy but would you like a coffee refill?"

  He cleared his throat awkwardly, realizing he was radiating pheromones off so bad that anyone could smell them in a 2 mile radius of his seat. His cheeks heated as he grumbled his affirmative, looking down at the table to hide the reddening of his cheeks. A few minutes went by before he heard the clank of a cup being set down next to him. He waited a few extra minutes before looking up again. With a sigh of relief, he picked up the cup and took a tentative sip. He looked over the rim of his cup at Mia to see if she had noticed his embarrassment. She was smiling at a customer as he was talking to her.  He let a low growl rumble from his chest with the sudden surge of jealousy he felt. Her eyes snapped to him in warning even as her smile remained in place. His phone made a buzzing sound against the table, taking his attention away from Mia. He unlocked his phone, opened his texts and clicked on the new one, reading through it with a sigh.

'HAVE YOU CONVINCED HER TO COME BACK TO THE PACK YET?'

'NOT YET, SHE REFUSES TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. SAYS SHE DOESN'T WANT TO LEAD THE PACK AND LIKES HER LIFE THE WAY IT IS NOW.'

'DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT. DO YOU NEED HELP GETTING HER TO COME HOME?'

'NO I WILL CONVINCE HER TO MAKE THE DECISION. JUST NEED A FEW MORE DAYS TO GET HER TO LISTEN TO ME.'

'YOU BETTER GET IT DONE SOON. KEEP ME UPDATED ON YOUR PROGRESS.'

   He grunted at the last message before scrubbing a hand down his face. He was going to have to shave again judging from the stubble along his jaw. He took a peek at Mia again and sighed. He was going to have to be more convincing to get her to listen. Tonight was going to be a long night...