Returning Home

After spending her day off with Rafael, it was time to let her boss and lease holder know that she would be leaving in a couple weeks to return home. Rafael was granted the time for her to tie everything up before leaving and signed out of his hotel room to stay with her at her apartment. She got showered and dressed to go to work with her resignation in hand. She felt terrible about leaving but she knew she had to go home.
   Rafael insisted on continuing to walk her to and from work as he had done for the last 2 weeks to keep the routine going. She was feeling good until she walked into the shop and saw the look on her boss's face.
" Mia I need to speak to you in the back before we get busy."
"What's the matter Charli did something happen?"
"Just come back here please I will explain everything."
   She followed her boss to the back office, closing the door behind her. She peered at her boss's ashen face with confusion.
"Mia I know what you are and I know who that man is. I know you are going to be leaving me but I've become attached to you so I need to tell you something before you leave. I'm not human either and I have been alive a long time. I have become suspicious in my old age and have been monitoring things from our world just to keep an eye on things and have heard some very disturbing things that I believe involve you. There is a plot to take a new alpha before they can take the position. The plan is to wait for the alpha to begin the journey home and ambush them before they can make it to their territory. They know its in 2 weeks time and they are going on the offensive in a week to make sure nothing goes wrong. I have not heard what they plan to do but I don't think you should wait to return home. I want you to go. Tonight preferred before they can get anyone in place to know what is happening. I know you have alpha blood running in your veins I can feel the power emanating from you. You're the only one I know of that they could be talking about. I will take care of everything else for you just please promise me you will leave tonight."
"Are you sure about this? Absolutely sure?"
"Yes now go now. I will be fine I didn't make it to this age by luck. Don't talk of this until you are on your way back to your pack trust no one now go."
   She shooed her off before she could say another word. She went out and motioned for Rafael to follow her out. He followed with a confused look, looking like he was about to ask what was wrong. She shook her head, walking back towards her apartment. Once back she began packing what few things she had. He continued to stare at her until she had all of her meager belongings shoved into a few duffel bags before finally turning to him.
"You have a car parked somewhere?"
"Yea why?"
"We need to go I will explain later."
   He nodded and grabbed his duffel bag with some of hers. She followed him out and down the street to an old parking lot. Sitting in the back corner was a shiny suv with tinted windows. He pulled a key out and pushed a button on the remote. She heard the engine stir to life. As they approached he unlocked the doors before taking her other bags from her to put in the back. He got in the driver's seat and put the key in and turned it to the on position to keep the SUV running while she situated herself in her seat before pulling out of the parking lot and heading back to pack land.
" So you going to explain what is going on now?"
"Yea but you aren't going to like it."