Chapter 17 Ⅱ

David shook his head as he handed my phone back to me, chuckling. "You know he's gonna kill you, right?"

"I know," I said, grinning mischievously.

I reread the conversation I had just had with Cam while David fiddled with my laptop, getting a Skype call set up.

You knew about this? I had sent, laughing as I could picture him sweating through his response.

Yeah im rly sorry he asked me not to say anything he thought it would help u remember im here for u, do u want me to come over? Do u wanna call? Im so sorry Angel i rly thought this would work.

I didn't respond, knowing that I was being an asshole but I could never resist an opportunity to pull him along.

R u mad at me? I promise i wasnt trying to hurt u, pls talk to me i dont want u to go thru this alone.

Knowing him he was probably getting ready to head out the door at this point, to come save the day and console me so I replied, Of course im mad, its all ur fault that im gonna be stuck with this doofus for the rest of my life.

A minute passed as he processed that, a hesitant, Wait, what...? coming back in response. Do u mean...?

I sent him a selfie of David and I sitting on the bed together and said, All ur fault.

I laughed heartily at his reply.

OMG U SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME dont ever do that to me again omg im so happy for u how r u feeling how much do u remember tell me EVERYTHING!

Talk soon, i promise. We got a lot to catch up on.

I smiled and set the phone on my nightstand, resting my head on David's shoulder as I watched him click on names.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as he finished, kissing my forehead and asking, "Are you ready?"

I nodded, my heart thumping anxiously at the thought of how everyone would react. He set the computer on my lap and I took a breath to steady my nerves, hesitantly clicking Call and waiting for the faces to appear.

Amy joined first, smiling brightly into the camera. "Hey girl! What's up? Where are you?"

I had the camera turned off for now so I quickly lied, "Sorry, I'm just getting something set up quick. Is Ash around?"

She glanced back at the door, pondering. "I think he's editing right now. He's been kinda stressed out recently, I don't really want to bother him."

I nodded, disappointed but knowing that he would find out soon enough. "That's okay."

Beth came next with Joe sitting in the living room behind her, followed by Netty and finally James.

I smiled seeing all my friends' faces together like this, more pieces of my forgotten life clicking together effortlessly. I remembered how supportive they'd all been at Minecon when David couldn't be there, the Christmas livestream we'd done for charity, and the amazing summer we'd had at the London estate. I truly had some of the best friends in the world.

"Hi guys," I started, settling their chatter. "Thanks for answering, I'm sorry about the short notice, something just came up and I really needed to talk to you guys..."

"Don't worry about it, hun," Beth said sweetly.

"Yeah, we always got your back," James agreed.

"Well, I suppose I should just cut to the chase. So, I have some news, and there's someone that I think would like to help me tell it..."