𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

If you read this story on its first version, let's just say it's probably not like that one at all.

It's a new story, keeping the original structure, but with a lot of new and better stuff.

I hated the first version.

But, If you're new here, and you didn't read the original, then welcome. You didn't miss anything because it was truly awful.

Also, please try not to send hate to Brianna or Freddie, they are just characters here.
No to violence 🤚

Also, a few of you wanted to see my fearless tattoo, so here it goes.

Okay, that's all for now.
Enjoy!

Mag 🦋

PROLOGUE
[Louis' POV]

Being a father wasn't a part of my plan exactly.
At least not in so immediate future.

Of course, I've always wanted a big family, to raise my children and to be happily married.
I always had the stereotypical idea of what my future would look like.

A good job with a good paycheck, a large house, a partner to spend the rest of my life, two kids and a dog.
Simple.

An approved formula that worked for humanity for many years.

But that wasn't what fate put in my path, no.

Things were actually going backwards.

I had no wife, no house, a demanding job and a kid that still to this day, I don't know how I got.

On my everyday life, nowadays, I don't really have much time to dedicate to my son, Freddie.
Not because I didn't want to, but because of my job and the awful relationship I had with his mother.

I worked for a law firm as a paralegal. It was mostly administrative stuff, but I helped people.
I had some beautiful pro bono cases where my job actually helped them win.

I loved it, really.

My work was the biggest part of my life, it was what kept me grounded, motivated, what gave me a reason to exist.
And also, it was what kept me hoping that someday I would hold the reins of my life again.

That's why I spent all my time inside the office.

Not like I had anywhere else to go, really.

The mother of my son had kicked me out of my own house, the one I bought on our failed intent to form a normal family.
My siblings and my mother weren't around, and the only place I had was my best mate's flat.

Niall, was actually a great uncle to Freddie, he even spent some evenings with him when it was supposed to be my turn of parenting, making it up for my absence.

Don't get me wrong, Freddie is a great boy, we just didn't have the strongest father/son connection.

You can either blame it on my absent father or my awful ex wife who I really didn't want to have anything to do with, even less a child.

We just didn't get along, and sharing a kid with her was insufferable.

Again, not the kid's fault.

It's absolutely my fault, and I knew it.
Because six years ago, on a drunken night I got her pregnant, forcing us into an unwanted marriage which we quickly disolved after two years of continuos arguments.

There was never love, nor attraction for that matter.

But yet, we kept the baby.

And now we were facing the consequences.