𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

FIVE

Thursday went incredibly smoothly.
Freddie was overjoyed with the idea of me having breakfast with him every morning and then taking him to the daycare.

Work was great and I could get ahead with a few cases I had been neglecting.

So, full of energy and wanting Friday to be even better than the day before, I woke up, drove to my ex house with a box of freshly made croissants and rang on the doorbell.

"Wow, second day in a row." - Brianna greeted me when she opened the door. - "Honestly, I thought you'd have given up by now."

"Told you. I want to be part of his life." - I huffed, her comment already ruining my mood. - "Today I'm planning on taking him to the park after work. I end my hours at five or so. Is that okay or do you have plans with him?" - I asked, passing by her and allowing myself in.

"To the park?"

"Yeah, I bought a new football for us to play." - I shrugged. - "Croissant?" - I asked her with a smile, opening the box in front of her and trying to get on her good side.

"I can't eat those before a session."

"Right." - I sighed. - "So, can I take him, or not?"

"Yes, sure. You'll bring him back for dinner, then?" - She asked me as she picked up her things, ready to head out.

"Yes." - I smiled.

"Alright. See you, Louis."

"Mama!" - Freddie came running towards her, hugging her legs.

"Hey, baby. Mama is leaving for work." - She knelt down to kiss his forehead. - "Your dad is taking you to school."

"Okay!" - He exclaimed, way too awake for these ungodly hours. - "Bye Mama!"

"Bye, Darling." - She waved at him as she left the house.

"Croissants?" - I asked Freddie with a smirk and he now came running towards me.

"You buy Croissants?!"

"Yes, little lad. Want one?"

"Want all of them!" - He shouted and I laughed.

"Alright, take it easy." - I said, leaving the box on the dinner table for him to grab some. - "Do you have your bag ready?"

He climbed up the chair and started eating right away.

"Mama made it. We have reading day today." - He hummed with his mouth full of food.

"Oh yeah? Do you like reading books?"

"Meh." - He shrugged. - "I like drawing. Wanna see what I draw yesterday?" - He asked me with wide eyes.

"Of course, lad. Show me." - I smiled at him, causing him to jump out of the chair and run to his room.

I heard some muffled sounds of things falling on the floor and, seconds later, he reappeared with a paper sheet, shoving it in my face.

"Look!"

"Alright." - I chuckled, grabbing the drawing in my hands and taking a look over it.

There, once again, was an image of a boy holding a little girl's hand.

The black lines of the drawing too sharp and neat, framing the bright colors inside of it. It was fully painted in Green, pink and orange, except for their eyes, which were blue.

I looked up from it only to see my son's awaiting face full of excitement.

"Little lad, who are these kids?" - I asked, already fearing his answer.