𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

EIGHT 

It's too damn early in the morning.
And in days like this, where the weather is so cold you don't even want to set a feet from under the blankets, is when I regret my new arrangement with Brianna.

Too cold and too early.
But still, my boy needed to get to school.

And taking him to school also meant seeing Harry.
So, in the end it was a win-win situation.

A week had passed since Harry and I went to the arcade, we only saw each other in the mornings when I dropped Freddie, but even in those short moments, we were able to steal a smile from each other.
So now, I was absolutely looking forward to our new date on Friday.

Our real first date.
Like, proper first date.

With a guy.
A guy I know very well I have a crush on.

It's pretty obvious to say that I've never been more anxious in my life.
But at the same time, I couldn't wait.

With Harry in mind as my motivation to drag myself out of bed (not that I didn't want to see my son, it's just different), I quickly put on some warm clothes, picked a cup of tea from the coffee place nextdoor and got into the driver's seat, buckling myself up and turning the engine.

Surprisingly, I arrived at my ex house earlier than usual with an strange good mood.
Also, inside the house, things were quite different than every other morning. Brianna wasn't ready to leave for work yet and Freddie was nowhere to be seen.

Leaving my things on the table next to the entrance, I looked around.
Brianna didn't have her make up on, she wasn't preparing Freddie's breakfast and the tv wasn't on.

"Hey, good morning." - I said, walking closer to her.

"Oh, you're early."

"Uhm, yeah. Where is Freddie?"

"I couldn't wake him up yet. He doesn't want to go to school." - She shrugged. - "You can try though. See if you are luckier than me."

"Ok, I'm on it." - I nodded.

Going over to Freddie's room and carefully opening his door, I found him just as his mother said, still beautifully sleeping.

It was almost hurtful to think about waking him up.

"Hey, buddy. Time to get up." - I whispered, kneeling down by his bed.

Freddie didn't move or even aknowledged my presence in the room.

"Hey, c'mon. You have to wake up, little lad."

I started tapping on his shoulder lightly, lowering the blanket a bit from his shoulders.
A few seconds later he was opening his eyes.

"Hello, buddy. Good morning." - I smiled.

"No. Bad morning." - He mumbled. - "I don't wanna go school."

"Bad morning, huh? I know, it's cold outside. But you need to go to school, buddy."

"No, don't." - He mumbled against his pillow.

"C'mon, you're going to see your friends. You're going to play with teacher Harry too. Don't you wanna play with all of them?"

"No." - He said again, turning away from me.

"C'mon, Freddie. You're going to be late, buddy."

"I'm not going!" - He yelled at me and I almost jumped from my place.