𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

TWENTY-SEVEN

Two days after Brianna's wonderful news, and me and Harry getting back together, things couldn't be better.
Honestly, it felt like some kind of shitty fairytale.

The only thing that was still yet to be resolved, was my case at the firm.
We had been working really hard with my boss, side by side, fighting for this good cause; and the truth is, I really needed that win too.

It'd be the grand finale of this hell of a year.

So, that morning, when I got to the office and saw that my boss was actually waiting for me with a bottle of champagne and not a new pile of files to go through, I knew it was it.
We won.

I jumped around like a crazy person for around fifteen minutes, not yet believing how did everything work out in the end, how hard was for me to deal with all at the same time and how amazing it felt right in that moment when I felt myself being my best version. My happiest version.

A high peak I never knew I could reach.
All the planets aligning.

I celebrated with my boss, then, he invited the rest of the office to a bar, saying we all had the day off, just to keep celebrating.
Even if it wasn't even ten am yet.

From the bar, I texted Harry, telling him the good news and that I would see him at his place after he returned from the daycare.
I knew Brianna was picking Freddie up, so that left Harry and I alone to continue the celebration back home.

What I wasn't expecting was to find Harry already home, tons of daisies spread around the apartment, two glasses and a bottle of wine in the middle of the table and some candles lit up.
The whole place smelled great. A mix of good food and the scent of the candles on the background.

"Harry?" - I asked, walking towards him with a curious smile. - "What is all of this?"

"Pf... this is nothing." - He smirked.

"H..." - I chuckled, shaking my head. - "You did all of this for something."

"You said we were celebrating."

"Yeah, but you're supposed to be at the daycare still."

"Not really." - He shrugged. - "Today we had theater day, so after the play, all the parents came to pick them up, babe." 

"Oh, right. Freddie told me. Didn't remember that it was today."

"Yeah, so I thought... why not surprise my wonderful boyfriend?" - He smiled, stepping closer and sliding his arms around my waist. - "You had a pretty good day so far, why not making it better?" - He said, almost in a whisper as he leaned down to kiss my lips.

"I love the daisies." - I bit my lip. - "Thank you. You shouldn't have."

"I wanted to." - He shrugged and I leaned up to kiss him again. - "I did this because you always amaze me. You've done so much, you're a fighter. Everything you went through... Louis it's incredible." - He cupped my cheek. - "I just wanted to do something to reward you."

"Yeah?"

"I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while... but today seemed right."

"For a while?" - I smiled, curious.

"I just wanted you to celebrate the person you've become. And all the triumphs you had. Today's news just adds to that."

"The person I've become?"

"Yeah. In a way, I feel like you've grown, evolved from the person you were when we met. Don't you see that?" - He said and I found myself nodding in realization.