𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

THIRTEEN

Weekend was over, it was almost ten pm on a Tuesday night and, even though I didn't want to admit it, I missed Niall's company.

I missed sleeping in my own bed and honestly, the hotel food was so terrible it almost made me miss the countless nights of ordering pizza for dinner because we were too lazy to cook.

I missed going to his pub and have some beers after work before heading home.
I missed the bantering and drunken nights.

I even missed staying on that worn out, dirty couch in the back of the pub when we were both too drunk to drive back to the apartment.

I've received enough calls from Niall for the past days always reminding me of his existence.
I, of course, ignored every single one of them.

Maybe because I was still mad, maybe because I wasn't ready to talk to him first.
But tonight, as I took another spoon of the disgusting soup I ordered at the hotel restaurant, I've decided I had enough.

I wasn't even resting well. I had stupid bags under my eyes and even my boss was noticing the lack of sleep.

Enough was enough.

I took my car keys, packed all my belongings, checked out of the hotel and drove directly to the bar.

That motherfucker was going to listen to me.

First, because I really needed my half of the apartment back.

Second, maybe because Harry was right and Niall had to explain himself.

Third and last, because he was my damn best friend. Which didn't mean I would forgive him easily.
I was going to fucking make that idiot squirm with guilt.

With my chin up, I entered the bar.
As soon as the door closed behind me, Niall lifted his head, his eyes finally founding mine.

"Louis."

"The one and only." - I shrugged.

"What? What are you doing here? Did you get my calls?"

"Had to turn off my phone not to get them." - I said, sitting on one of the stools in front of him.

"Yeah. Sorry. I just... I really wanted to apologize."

"Then apologize." - I raised an eyebrow in a provocative way.

"Right." - He nodded, twisting a cloth nervously behind the bar. - "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For how I acted on your date."

"How did you act?"

"Like an ass?"

"Yep. Why did you act like an ass?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" - I laughed bitterly. - "Then why the fuck are you apologizing for?"

"Because you got mad at me."

"Of course I got mad at you!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Yeah, well, that doesn't minimize the way you treated Harry! Tell me, why you were such an ass with him?"

"I don't know." - He sighed, letting his arms fall in defeat. - "I'm just sorry."

"Being sorry sometimes isn't enough. Even less when you are clearly apologizing without knowing where your mistake was."

"I do know my mistake."