𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

I'm really sorry for not updating in like two weeks. I've been so busy with my work, and the play I'm rehearsing, and I've been also really sick these past week so it was impossible to find motivation or time to write.

Thank you for sticking with me, love you all.

Mag 🦋

FOUR

I inhaled deep, finding the courage to knock on the door of my boss' office after two days of skipping work.

It was Wednesday.

And even if I stayed late last night to continue with one of the cases that had been recently handed to me, I was still really behind schedule.

To say that I was terrified of facing him was an understatement.

But I needed to apologize.

So I manned up, and knocked on the damn door.

"Come in." - I heard from inside.

I slowly opened the door, allowing myself in.
When my boss looked up and found my stare on him, he showed me his usual polite smile.

"Tomlinson."

"Sir. I just wanted to apologize for these two days. I promise it won't happen again soon, and I'll be back at work right this moment. I'm planning on staying hours extra today as well, I hope that makes up for the hours I lost this week." - I said nervously, all in one go.

He just chuckled.

"Oh, Tomlinson. It's alright. Don't worry. It was a family emergency, right?"

"Yes. My son was really sick, sir."

"Children come first. You're forgiven." - He smiled. - "But, If you want to do those extra hours today, I won't complain."

"Really?" - I frowned, surprised.

"Of course." - He laughed, resting back on his chair and relaxing his arms on the armrests. - "You'll see, Tomlinson. I don't have children myself because my wife and I never could. But I have nephews and let me tell you, I'll do anything for them. Work comes second. You can compensate these two days whenever." - He shrugged. - "Though, Attorney Gales is asking for the analysis of that contract he gave you last week. I would get started on that one if I were you." - He smiled.

"Sure Sir. Yes. I'll do that right away. Thank you."

My boss shook his head.

"It's alright, Louis. Really. You've never missed a day before. As long as this doesn't become an usual thing, you're fine." - He shrugged. - "Hope your son is feeling better."

"He is." - I nodded, smiling.

"Make sure to pamper him, yeah? You'll miss him being this age in a few years."

"Yeah... Thank you. I will." - I nodded. - "I better get back to work now though." - I chuckled. - "Thank you, again."

"Stop thanking me, Tomlinson. I'm here in case you need anything else. Now, get out of here." - He laughed.

I smiled, and with a last nod, I got out of his office.

🌈

What my boss told me stuck with me for the rest of the day.

Pamper him.
You'll miss him being this age in a few years.

He was kinda right. I had already missed so much of Freddie's growing up. Always working, never paying much attention, missing all of his firsts times.