Narrowing the field: Sudden death elimination

"We will have a preliminary test before the final exams." Confusion filled the air.

"Uh but why sir?" Sakura asked.

"There are much too many people who passed the second part of the exams. *cough cough* We didn't expect to have so many candidates ,so in order to reduce that number we must hold a preliminary test. The test will be a one on one battle. Those of you who don't feel up to it may leave it will not affect the team because for now on it will all be individual."*cough cough*

"Anyone want to leave?" Hayate asked. It was silent except for those who were whispering.

'I can't leave now I've made it this far ,but the pain...'
Y/n winces as another jolt of pain spread throughout her body.
Ino looked at her in worry.

"Are you sure your okay?" Ino asked.

"I said I'm fine." She snapped.

"But you look like your in pain. Please y/n don't continue if it hurts you. I can't stand to see you suffer. If you won't I'll tell the sensei's." Ino said.

Y/n sighs.
"Why don't you mind your own business whatever I'm dealing with is none of your concern so just drop it."

Despite Y/n's protest Ino decided to raise her hand however Hayate spoke before she could.
"Is there any problems ladies?"

Y/n glared at Ino with a look that meant 'Keep your mouth shut'.
"We're fine." Hayate stares at them before coughing again.

"Alright then if no one wants to quit let us commence." Hayate said. Y/n smirked in satisfaction.

'Y/n... why must you act so tough.' Ino thought in worry for her friend.

"The test will be one on one there will be no rules to this. Those who win will continue on to the next part of the exams. You will fight until someone dies, collapses, or admits defeat. Please admit defeat right away if you don't want to die. However since I will be in charge of the matches I will interfere if anything life threatening could occur. There is no need for a pile of dead bodies." Hayate said. He then looked at Anko and nodded.

"Open it." She said into her mic.

A board appeared on the wall.
"Your names will appear on the electronic board and will decide who you fight." The second he said that the board lit up and randomly switched through names. Finally it stopped.

Ino and team 7 gasped.

Kabuto Yakushi vs. Y/n L/n

Y/n stared at the board tiredly.
'So soon.'

"Those who's names are on the board step foreword. Kabuto Yakushi, Y/n l/n will start off the battles. Are there any objections?"

"No." Kabuto and Y/n said in unison.

"Everyone other than the two battling move up." Hayate said.

Y/n stared into Kabuto's eyes intimidatingly.
She then twitched when another jolt of pain rocketed.

'Her curse mark seems to be working just fine.' Kabuto thought with a smirk.

Team 7 walked over to y/n.
"You can do it!"
"Kick his butt!"
"Don't lose loser."
She smiled at their words then twitched in pain again which caught their attention.

"Are you alright ,y/n?" Sakura asked worriedly.
'She's acting like Sasuke. I hope she's alright.'

"I'm fine."