Chapter 20: Plans

Dipper's POV

"No no no." Grunkle Stan shook his head repeatedly. "It's too dangerous for a kid to do that." He grumbles.

"Come on Grunkle Stan," I pleaded. "I can do it. I have been solving mysteries in this town with Mabel, I guess." I say as I whisper the last part.

"Hey!" Mabel says as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Besides, nothing wrong happened to me despite the cruel places we've been to." I reason as a spark of hope build up on me.

"Listen Kid," He starts, kneeling in front of me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "This thing is bigger than all of us. He can't be stopped but he can be stalled for a long time. He knows everything about this town. Even all of us." He says in a unreadable tone. "He can read minds, he can enter dreams and make deals that only he can achieve."

"But Grunkle Stan, this our chance in defending his town. You live in here, your memories with the Shack grew here." I say. "If we do nothing, The town will be destroyed, and so the people in it. Including us." I reason.

He looks at me with an unreadable expression and let's out a sigh. "Are you sure you can do it?" He asks hesitantly.

I nod.

"Be careful okay?"

"Yes Grunkle Stan."

"Okay, Just follow her plans. Don't do anything stupid." He says firmly. "I trust you Dipper." It was quite nice hearing that from him.

"We got your back Bro Bro." Mabel says from behind and pokes my shoulder. Making Emma, Wendy and Soos nod to me approvingly.

The plan was quite hard. Defeating a Dream Demon isn't easy, So I expect a little bump on the road. But it won't matter as long as I succeed.

I have to lure Bill at the highest peak of the town, which is on top of the the WaterFalls and the Handwitch will do the spell that'll make him freeze on the spot. The Handwitch is only capable of doing the spell on the highest peak of the Town, cause in that atmosphere, energy is at highest. And she says I'm the best bait for him to follow. We may have a chance of defeating him for good, but it's only a good forty percent. Freezing won't stop him forever, it'll only be a good forty years. Then He'll rise again and will plan destroy the town. And New Chosens will be destined to rise again. Its a inevitable cycle. But Can I somehow stop it, and have the town in complete peace?

"So when is it gonna happen?" I ask bravely.

"I don't know child," The Handwitch shooks her head sadly. "But I have been receiving strange signals lately. The moon has been not in it's spot at night lately. And come to think of it, It was the first sign of the coming Day X Forty years ago," She ponders. "Right Stan?" She glances at Stan.

"It's true," He nods. "I have been noticing it lately too. In Fact my rusty brain still remembers the signs of the Coming Day X." He chuckles and knocks his hand on top of his head.

I can already feel the nervousness hitting me at my stomach.

"The Second Sign reveals that the Moon won't show up at the Sky of the Town anymore. And will gradually show up after a few days and it's already colored light pink." He states. "The third sign which is the Final sign, The whole town will be dead silent and the Moon will be colored Blood." I was afraid, But I have to be strong for everyone.