Chapter 15 ~ Facility Of Birth

Can we get 10 votes please? Thanks :3

—————————-

Everyone was stunned into silence for a while, watching the streaks of purple swirl around in a clockwise direction, eyes wide. Our hands still clasped each other's tightly, our breaths held together. I was brave enough to break the silence

'we have just under 30 minutes to get through this thing. Let's not waste it watching the portal, as beautiful as it is' it truly was. The wooden doorframe was now obsidian-like and glowing with the opaque, swirling sheen.

'Who wants to go first?' Iberium muttered, breaking his eye-contact from the portal

'I'm going' TC said, turning to me 'Thanks for being a great ally and being the first friend I've had in a while, you too Oblivion. And if something bad happens when we pass through the portal, I want to let you know that I'm glad I didn't have anyone else. No matter how weird I am.' I grinned and tears pricked my eyes.

This was it.

I spent impossible amounts of time with a group of people and here we are, ready to separate and ready to go who knows where. The people that have become the family that I cared most about were ready to part with me. Boss with his strict ways and weird way of leading. Halo with his cold approach, cold mask but the warm and friendly inside. The boy that had an unrequited love for me, the one that I felt such empathy for it hurt me too. Pepper with his bubbly personality and newly sewn angel wings. Arctic with his flirty smile and smooth way of talking. TC with his psychopathic grins, his cold logic and his creepy laughs. His fighting skills and the way his mind ticked, so closely related to mine. Zamice and his mute ways. And Oblivion. Oh Oblivion. His laugh, his smile, his understanding ways. The way he gets me and the way he holds me. The way he makes everything feel okay. The way he made me feel at home again. The love that grew in the pit of my stomach. The boy that stuck with me no matter how hard I was to deal with. Oblivion. It was going to be hard, letting them all go into the unknown alone. But that was the thing wasn't it? I will not let them go into the unknown alone. I would follow them, come with them.

The tears slipped down my cheeks as I smiled a wide grin. I embraced TC tightly followed by everyone else, even Iberium and Zephyr who I didn't even know existed until today. Then I watched as TC was engulfed by the entrancing purple of the portal. I watched as he left me, possibly forever. Then Zamice. Then Boss. Then Arctic. Then Halo, who would not leave without a kiss on the cheek. Then Zephyr and Iberium. That left Oblivion and I, eyes interlocking. His eyes were a black, speckled with neon pinks sheening with unshed tears. I didn't doubt mine were the same

'So. Is this it?' I whispered

'No.' he replied fiercely 'we may be separated, but that will never stop me loving you. And I hope you feel the same way back'

'I hope you know I will never love another like I love you. Not only because I love you for you but because you are a Genetic and we were made for each other'

'Oh Silver' he said, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I felt his tears running coolly through my hair and down onto my neck

'Blivvy' I replied softly

'I will never forget you'

'You make it seem like this is the death' I laughed feebly 'we might see each other on the other side. Time to take that chance'

'Without you there is no me'

'I promise I will not let you go into the unknown alone' he smiled and I let go of him and then grasped his hand tightly. We spared one last kiss before stepping into the swirling purple mess. The last thing I felt was Oblivion's slender fingers interlaced with mine and that gave me a tangible strength that maybe, things will be okay.