[03]

The next school day passed by as quick as the first. I think that the 'new school buzz' had totally worn off now and I was just as fed up as I was in my old school. Lydia had gone off me slightly as her new toy so I was left trying to find new people to hang around with during school hours, but everyone seemed really nice anyway.

My hand slammed the locker shut after I grabbed my gym stuff - we were attempting to rock climb today I believe. It was something I enjoyed actually but having the whole class staring you was not something I was particularly excited for, I wasn't one to show off.

On the plus side, I had met Chris and Victoria's daughter Allison yesterday. Chris told me that she knew about werewolves but just didn't show quite the enthusiasm that he wanted, I'm sure that will soon change once I to know her a little bit more. Befriending her and helping her would kill two birds with one stone. Only thing is, she's friends with Scott and Stiles who I wasn't particularly fond of since our parking lot incident the other night, but beggars can't be choosers.

The locker room here was a lot more cramped in comparison to my old school but I still managed to get changed and out onto the gym floor without too much fuss. We had all been told told to gather in a group at the bottom of the wall. I had climbed higher than this, but looking up at the tall wall didn't make me feel any better, it looked very old and worn out.

Two harnesses sat at the bottom, rigged to the wall with ropes and clips. I imagined we would all be sharing them as we took turns. Very hygienic, nothing like having your junk where someone else's had just been.

"Okay!" The Coach clapped his hands together, scanning the room. "Volunteers! I need volunteers!" Everyone in the front row took a step back in fear, leaving me and a few others standing alone.

I had climbed a rock climbing wall many of times, it wasn't that difficult. "Nobody?" An audible scoff left my mouth after nobody spoke. "Fine, I'll do it"

"That's what I like to see! Everyone take notes from-" He paused, looking at me confused.

"-Ashylnn" I nodded back at him.

"Exactly! Okay who wants to be her partner?" Oh god if I'd have known he wanted me to have a partner I would have never asked. "She can't go up alone! I mean, she could, but then we wouldn't have a race, would we!!"

I slipped the harness on quietly and tried to ignore the awkward murmurs coming from behind me. "I'll do it, I'll be her partner"

Scott let go of Allison's hand and walked over to me, clearly taking pity. My lips pursed and I gently nodded, thankful the torture show of embarrassment didn't have to go on for much longer. "Thanks"

"Alright Girl versus Boy - I love a challenge! This should be fun!" Coach was a lot more excited than the two of us combined. Scott had his harness on now too and we stood at the bottom of the wall waiting for coach to give us the signal to start. "First one to the top, ring the bell - easy"

I nodded at him and smirked at Scott. "Good luck, I hope you like losing"

His eyes narrowed in response and I could hear Stiles and Allison behind me shouting some encouragement.

"Three, two, one, go!" Coach's whistle echoed around the almost empty gym hall and we both shot off. My eyes flickering over to him to see where he was but he was very much below me.