[08]

"Oh come on!" I jiggled my locker and kicked the bottom in frustration. It was the fourth time I had put in my combination, but nothing was working. "Just open" My hand rattled on the metal doors, "Open!" I slammed it one last time and it popped open finally. "Thank you" I mentally sighed as I shoved in all of my books and grabbed the ones I needed for today.

Making my way down the hallway, I searched for Scott and Stiles who had apparently been avoiding me all day since I hadn't seen any of them yet, and it was usually the other way around.

I sat down at my desk and opened my books, watching the door. Scott came in first and looked at me awkwardly - I knew that now wasn't the best time to ask any important questions but at least I knew he was here, so that was something. Stiles and his seat were luckily right next to mine which was perfect for ease-dropping, and right on queue Stiles walks in avoiding eye contact as much as he could.

"Dude" He leaned over to Scott and whispered something in his ear. They both looked slightly more worried than usual which I assume wasn't a good sign.

After they were done talking I tapped Stiles on the leg making him look at me. "You going to tell me what I saw? Or do I have to beat it out of you?"

"Look" He veered closer to me, almost pulling his desk over. "Now's not a really good time"

"And why's that?" I sat my hand under my chin and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Some people-" He nodded over to where Isaac Lahey sat, who was now in class since being accused of his dads murder, who I can only assume is somehow apart of this. "-Can hear us. These are people who we don't want to hear us, okay? You'll need to learn these things quickly if you want to join us"

"Join you?" I pulled my lips together and nodded, pausing for a moment and then whispering to him. "He's apart of Derek's pack, right?"

His head started to nod before he realised what I had said and then he whipped round to me, full of confusion. "How did you?!" Isaacs head also had now turned to me, staring intently.

"Jesus, word gets around okay?" I was kind of regretting what I had said but the look on Stiles face made up for the potential danger I had just put myself into. "Just tell me later. And if you don't, I will come find you and I'm not responsible for my actions"

He held his hands up in surrender and nodded, going back to his desk and flipping open his book. The rest of the lesson went smoothly apart from Isaac constantly turning around like he was about to launch himself at me. Even I knew it would be a mistake to try anything at school, but I reckon I'd be able to take him.

Most of the day went by without me seeing Scott or Stiles but I would hunt them down after school if I wasn't able to get an answer during the day. Part of me just wanted to know how much they knew about the supernatural world, and how much I could learn. It would be really handy to know how much they knew about the extent of supernaturals in Beacon Hills.

After grabbing my Chemistry Textbook from my locker I headed down the hallway...right into Stiles' chest with a thud. "Oh god!" I fell to the floor with him and he gawked at me.

"Oops! Sorry Ash, places to be! Things to do!" He jumped up and continued walking speedily after Scott. "Bye!!"

"Wait!" I followed them down the hallway. "Where are you going?"