[07]

I quickly dodged a sharp jab from the animals tail and started sprinting towards the doors, I could hear it screeching and pounding on the walls trying to catch up with me. Stiles was still in the pool with a stranger which is strange because they could both very easily climb out and get away from the creature. I couldn't make out if Erica was dead or not, but she looked lifeless at the side of the pool.

I was almost at the doors but I slipped on water that had been splashed up and I skidded across the floor, falling onto my back with a thud. It was lucky that I had because the creatures tail slammed into the door that I had stood no more than seconds ago. It stared down at me and grabbed me by the neck, digging it's claws into me and sliding my body down the tiles, closer to the water. A strange sensation washed over me, it was almost like pins and needles and then nothing but pure numbness.

It stopped just before we reached the water, I was right on the edge of the pool, my hair dangling down into the water and I knew if I moved anymore I would fall right in.  The thing brought it's face closer to mine, looking slightly confused and then screaming at me. I tried to flinch away but realised I couldn't move anything below my neck, which was probably best in this situation so I didn't fall into the water and drown. After it had inspected me thoroughly I was expecting it to kill me, but instead it stalked away and climbed the walls, watching us intently.

I had never seen anything like it before in my life, or even heard of anything like that - it was werewolves that I specialized in, not creepy lizard like dragon things that can numb you with a nip. I could feel myself getting more and more panicked at not being able to move so I tried to calm myself down and take a deep breath.

"Ashylnn!" Stiles voice echoed around the room and I could hear him splashing around in the water next to me. "Ashlynn!"

I attempted to turn my head towards him but couldn't move it that much. "What the hell was that thing?!" Maybe he had more information than me, I could just barely see him trying to keep himself and another man up. "Stiles!!"

"It doesn't matter, I'll explain later just please trust me just now!" He was bubbling about and I could tell he was struggling to hold the other person up.

"Trust you? I hardly know you!" I flailed my head about and felt my body slide further into the path of the pool, so did Stiles too apparently. "Oh my god!"

"Don't move!!" He paused as the creature slid about on the ceiling. "If you fall in, you'll drown. You're paralyzed below the neck and can't hold yourself up"

My heart pounded hard in my ears. "Yes, thank you. I'm aware of that. Now how do we get out of this situation?" I hoped that he had a solution in mind, I prayed.

"My phone" He spat out some water as he spoke and I gently looked to the left of me where Stiles' phone was perfectly placed right beside my hand. One problem was, I couldn't move it. "If I can get my phone, then I can call Scott and he'll come and save us"

"Scott?" My confusion intensified. "Why are you calling Scott? Surely you should be calling the police?!"

The man that Stiles' was keeping up yelled at me, half beneath the water, I assumed he was also in the same position as me. "Scott can help us. You need to move your fingers, they'll regain feeling first" I didn't reply and he got agitated. "Move them, you hear me?!"

"Yes!" I yelled back and tried to move my fingers slightly to try and reach the phone, slightly hoping Stiles had voice control. "Are they moving?" I shouted to nobody in particular. "Please tell me they're moving, even a little"