[18]

Stiles leaned closer and waved his hand in front of Jackson's face, checking if he was actually out cold. "Are we sure he's alive?" He gazed back to me, Isaac and Erica.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked closer. "Is he breathing?" I was honestly too scared to even check for a pulse, but I suppose we had promised Scott to keep him alive. "Isaac, check for a pulse" My hand waved him over.

"Why me?" He walked over and grimaced at me before huffing and placing two fingers on Jackson's neck. After a moment he nodded, "Yes, he's alive" He pulled away and thought for a moment. "What do we do now?"

"I'm not entirely sure, but we should wait for Scott and-" I was stopped sharp by the sound of Isaac screaming in pain, Jackson had wrapped his hand around his wrist and was squeezing him tightly. I gasped and could hear an 'oh my god' coming from Stiles beside me as we both watched Erica pry Isaac's arm from his iron grip.

He pulled his arm away, rubbing it in pain. "Okay, so i'm betting he's awake"

"Could please, nobody try that again! I'd rather keep all our limbs if we can" Stiles pulled them both back and we all stood at the far end wall, well away from Jackson.

"So he's awake but not awake?" Erica looked at the two of us, expecting us to know the answers.

"I suppose so" I nodded.

"I think this is the best we're gonna get right now" Stiles agreed with me.

"You know what? Let's just hope that whoever's controlling him decided to come tonight, cause that's what we're banking on" They all nodded at me and I bit my lip anxiously, the whole plan rested on whether or not Jackson's controller decided to come to this rave.

Erica ran her hands through her hair and slid down the wall. "A waiting game, great"

Isaac was still clutching his wrist in pain as he healed slowly beside us. I turned to Stiles. "Did you manage to get the mountain ash done?"

His face lit up. "Yes. It was so strange, magic almost!"

I was proud of him that he had managed to get it done without any issues, I rubbed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Well, I mean it is magic. Good job" He smiled at me. "Was everything alright out there? Did you find Derek and Boyd?"

Shock drew across his face before he spoke. "Yes, about that - there was a lot of shooting and growling, but it had stopped by the time I came here. I don't know what happened"

Isaac straightened himself up and scoffed at Stiles. "You didn't think of telling anyone? Smart move, dumbass"

I whipped around to Isaac and squared up to him. "Was there a need for that? We don't need to be here, we're helping you - you're the one who just almost got his hand taken off, so i'd be quiet before I finish the job"

He stared down at me and cocked his head. "What are you going to do?"

Stiles opened his mouth behind me to speak but before he could I brought by knee up, and straight into Isaac's rib cage with a thud. He folded over onto me and let out a cry of pain, I brought my mouth down to his ear and whispered gently to him. "You have no idea what I'm capable of, Lahey"