Chapter 10- An Invitation

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs, my favourite! The room was unfamiliar. I looked around the room and suddenly recognised the room. I was in his personal quarters. But why? I thought to myself.

In that moment the events of last night came flooding back to my memory. Oh Godric I just told Professor Snape my biggest secret. AND I cried in front of him!! Oh Merlin help me now.

I got up off the couch and folded the blanket I had draped over me. I straightened up the couch and walked into the kitchen. It was small but cute. It had a small table in the centre of it.

"Oh you're up. I was trying to let you sleep in a little while, you looked like you needed it. Breakfast is nearly finished if you would like some."

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. "Thank you Professor, this looks delicious. What day is it might I ask" I asked, panicking that I might be late for classes.

"No need to panic, It's a saturday there's no classes."

"Thank fuck." My hand flew to my mouth and he raised an eyebrow at me but didn't say anything.

He plated my food and we ate in a comfortable silence. When I was finished I got up and collected the dishes and started washing them the muggle way.

"You know magic is a thing right?" Severus said to me.

"Oh, right. Sorry, force of habit. My Step Father always makes me do everything the muggle way so I guess I've become accustomed to it." I said as I continued to wash the plates.

"Here allow me to help." he said walked next to me. As I washed he dried and put away. After we were finished we stood there somewhat awkwardly.

"Well Professor, I can't thank you enough for all your help and letting me stay here but I must get going before I get bombarded with questions from Layla." He nodded in response and walked me to the door.

"Goodbye Professor." I said turning to look at him, his face stern as always. "Goodbye Miss Montgomery."

*********************************************************

I entered my dorm and before I could step in I was tackled into a hug by Layla.

"Where were you Hazel!! I have been worried sick, no note, no nothing. When you didn't return from your lesson I thought Professor Batman had kidnapped you!"

"I'm sorry Lay, I fell asleep in my lesson and woke up screaming from a nightmare and Professor 'Batman' said I could stay there."

"You slept in his personal quarters?! OMG DID ANYTHING HAPPEN!!!"

"What! No! Why would you even think that" I said as my cheeks flushed a deep crimson.

"Oh please Hay, don't think I haven't noticed the way you look at him. You totally want to hit that!"

"HIT THAT? Don't be ridiculous" I said still blushing.

"Yeah yeah, I'll just pretend like you don't like him."

"Okay fine, I do like him."

"I KNEW IT! Omg can you imagine you two together, that would be so hot! So scandalous!"

We both giggled as we made our way to the common room.

"Hey Hazel!" I heard from behind me. My eyes were met with the handsome sight of Randy.

"Hey Randy, what's up?" I asked. "Well I don't know if you know but there's a party in the common room tonight and I was wondering if you're going?" Oh god, there was no way I was going to a party.

"Um. I don't think so. Parties aren't really my thing."

"Oh come on don't be a bore! It'll be fun. There'll be music and firewhiskey... and me!" he gestured to himself. I couldn't help but giggle a bit. "I'll think about it." I said to him. Hm, a party? Maybe I would go.

"Yay! I promise It'll be great. I'll make sure nothing bad happens."

"don't get your hopes up I said i'd think about it not that I would go."

"I know, I know." he said, then smiled and walked off.

***************************************

Layla and I spent the rest of the day chilling in the common room talking about the party. She convinced me to go. she even said I could borrow some clothes seeing I had no party clothes. I probably wouldn't be drinking.

 I've had a few bad experiences with it, and by that I mean I used to get severely shitfaced to forget about everything with my Step Father. My mother was not happy to hear that I ended up In a St Mungo's with alcohol poisoning.

But I hoped tonight would be good.

Another short chapter I know I'm sorry!