Chapter 22- Sense And Sensability

Severus pulled away from the hug after what felt like hours and said, "Hazel if this is going to happen, we have to keep this a secret." He was right, no one can know.

"I know. You probably have to give me detention so It doesn't look suspicious." I said.

"Well then, detention with me tonight, 6pm. Where something nice." he said and winked at me.

"What are you planning?" I said in a playful manner.

"You'll just have to wait and see." I smiled at him and left his classroom to go to my dorm. I didn't feel like going to the rest of my classes so I just sat in my dorm working on my song for performing arts class.

I had finally nearly finished the song, I just had a verse left. I decided to write about my experience with my step father and that I am a survivor.

I checked the time and It was 5pm so I decided to go get ready for my date with Severus. I showered and put on a little black dress and a leather jacket.

I put on my shoes and walked out the door, heading for his classroom. I knocked on the door and heard shuffling from the other side before Severus opened the door wearing his usual black attire with a bouquet of red roses.

"Severus these are beautiful, thank you." I took the flowers out of his hands and smelt them.

"I charmed them to never die. They will stay alive as long as we love one another." I smiled at him and he let me inside and we walked into his personal quarters.

He opened the door and inside his living room was a table with candles and an abundance of my favourite food. He hung fairy lights around the room and it looked absolutely magical.

"Severus, this is amazing. No one has ever done anything like this for me." I felt tears well in my eyes but I blinked them back, not wanting to ruin my makeup.

"Well I haven't done anything like this for anyone. I have never really had a girlfriend." He confessed. He looked at his folded hands feeling embarrassed.

"Well I've never really had a boyfriend either, but I'm glad that you're my first."

"As am I." He led me to the table and pulled my chair out for me. He sat across from me and we started eating in an awkward silence. I decided to start a conversation to save us from the awkwardness.

"I don't know much about you. Tell me about yourself."

"What would you like to know?" I thought about it for a few moments.

"What about your family, what are they like?"

"Well my Father, Tobias Snape, a muggle was a terrible man. He was physically and emotionally abusive. My Mother, Eileen Prince, on the other hand was a lovely woman who also endured my Father's fist. She disappeared when I was about 18 and I haven't seen her since." I related to Severus' story, I felt sympathy for him but I know he wouldn't want that.

"I'm sorry Sev, I had no idea." He brushed it off and continued to ask about my biological father.

"He was an amazing man and the best dad in the world. He was loving and caring and would never in a million years hurt anyone. But as you know he was murdered by death eaters when I was young and a year later, Don came into my life and turned it to shit."

He didn't say anything, he only grabbed my hand and held it firmly. I gave him a weak smile and asked some questions to lighten the mood.

"So, what's your favourite colour?" I asked.

"Black and green, obviously."

"Right, silly question."

"What's your favourite muggle book?" I questioned. He thought about it for a moment then answered,

"Sense And Sensibility." He answered.

"A love story? Well what a surprise. Although It is a lovely story." I laughed.

We continued eating dinner and afterwards we sat on the couch reading. I was lying down on his lap reading 'The Great Gatsby' and Sev, reading his favourite book. I was starting to feel tired so I closed my book and closed my eyes.

"Hey Sev."

"Yes my love?"

"Would you read to me?" I asked.

"Of course." He cleared his throat and started to read his book out aloud.

Sev's POV

"This argument was irresistible. It gave to his intentions whatever of decision was wanting before; and he finally resolved that it would be absolutely unnecessary, if not highly indecorous, to do more for the widow and children of his father than such kind of neighbourly acts as his own wife pointed out."

I turned to the next page and looked down at the beautiful women lying on my lap. She was already fast asleep. I closed the book and put it down on the coffee table before slowly picking Hazel up.

I brought her into my bedroom and laid her down on the bed before covering her with the duvet. I stroked her face and planted a sweet kiss on her forehead.

I laid down next to her and put a protective arm around her. I fell asleep to the sound of her even breathing thinking about how blissful the moment was.

A/N~ A bit of a short filler chapter but YAY they finally are together!