Chapter 19- A Thank you

The two Professors witnessed things that no one should witness and saw Hazel go through things that no person should ever go through.

Severus and Albus raised their heads from the pensieve. Severus felt sick to his stomach. 'She went through all that by herself?' he thought.

"Albus..."

"I know Severus, go to her."

The wizard ran out of the office all the way to the hospital wing. He tore back the curtain to her bed and saw her sleeping peacefully. He didn't want to wake her, so he just sat on her bed and took her hand. He whispered apologies to her, he couldn't believe he had let this happen.

No wonder she was so scared of everything. He felt a tear fall down his face. The deep pit in his stomach grew, the deep pit of guilt. He sat there with her and sobbed for a while.

"Severus, don't cry. I'm okay." his head flew up to meet her gaze. He bent down cautiously and embraced her in a protective hug.

"I'm so sorry I didn't protect you sooner. I'm so sorry for what he did to you." He held her body tightly.

"It's okay, there's no way you could've known. I came to terms with everything a long time ago. My step father was a cruel man as you know. He took away the happiness in my life but he did so before you even knew me. So please, do not blame yourself." Her voice, so melodic and graceful seemed to calm him.

"What happened that night?" Severus asked Hazel.

"Well the last thing I remember. It was a Friday, I had just written to you. Don dragged me down to the basement and locked me up. He used an unforgivable on me, though I was used to it. Then he hit my head against the floor a few times and that was the last thing I remember. How long was I out? Who even found me?"

Severus took a long, deep breath. "I had noticed that you hadn't returned for classes and I was concerned. I talked to the Headmaster and he advised me to check on you so I did just that. I went to your home and your Father-"

"Step Father." Hazel said in annoyance.

"Sorry, Step Father, tried to attack me. I took him down and searched the house and I found you out cold chained up and..." Severus shifted uncomfortably.

"And what?" Hazel inquired.

"And naked." Hazel felt a wave of embarrassment fall over her and her cheeks turned a bright red. She looked down at her hands to avoid his gaze.

"I brought you back to the hospital wing and you've been in a coma for about two weeks. You will be glad to know that your step father has also been sent to Azkaban."

Hazel couldn't help but cry. She was crying from relief that someone else knew her secret and that HE could never hurt her again.

"Thank you, for saving me." she said sheepishly.

"My pleasure. Also in case you were wondering, I put my cloak over you."

Hazel laughed at his gesture, at least he was a gentleman. She used her arms to help her sit up straight. She took her hands and wrapped them around the potion master's waist and hugged him tightly. He, without hesitation, hugged her back.

They stayed like that until she fell asleep. He got off her bed and sat in his chair next to her and they slept soundly the rest of the night.

A/N~ Reallyyyyy short one, i know but i'm nowhere near done yet :)