Chapter 21- A Confession

Hazel's POV

It's been three days since me and Severus shared our kiss and we haven't spoken at all, only glares and sad looks at meals. It's now Monday and I will be forced to pay attention in his class.

I hopped out of bed and checked my schedule. Great! Of course I have double Potions first up, why would the universe give me a break?

No, I will not let this affect me. I did my usual morning routine and I purposely left a couple buttons of my shirt undone, just to annoy him.

After breakfast I was feeling good as I made my way down to class. I walked in and sat at my usual spot at the back and avoided all eye contact with him.

"Today, class, we will be brewing Regermination Potion for the third year Herbology class. Go collect your ingredients and start immediately and you will do so. In. Silence." Snape ordered, that's right, It's Snape now because I'm that bloody pissed.

I started chopping and stirring the ingredients and the end of class was nearing rapidly. There was only about ten minutes left of the period when hell broke loose.

"Miss Montgomery. Are you trying to kill us all by adding Fluxweed instead of Knotgrass to your mixture or are you always this incompetent?" Did he just? Oh there is no way that he's getting away with that.

"Did you mean to forget to wash your hair or do you like the greasy look?" I bit back. The classroom filled with Ooo's and Ohhhh's, I guess no one expected quite, little, broken Hazel to snap back now did they?

"Excuse me?" He said with anger filling his eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry Professor, I didn't know you were def too?" The whole class just stared in shock.

"You have no right to talk to your superior with such a lack of respect."

"Respect? RESPECT? YOU LOST MY WHEN YOU DECIDED TO TREAT ME AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE SCHOOL LIKE A DOORMAT FOR YOU TO WIPE YOUR FEET ON!" I was properly angry now.

"Miss Montgomery-"

"NO! Do NOT Miss Montgomery me! You have no right to bully these students and take out your own problems and self hate onto them!"

"Class dismissed! Except for you." He pointed his long, thin finger right in my face. The class started filing out and Snape and I were both inches away from each other's face, both seething with anger.

"What has gotten into you?" He asked me concerned.

"You don't get to be concerned with me, you lost that right when you strung me along like it was a fucking game to you!" I yelled.

"You know that was not how it was."

"Oh yeah? Then what was it? First you hate me, then you're all concerned about me and it goes around like that over and over again? And I'm still here, that's how much control you have over me! You are an awful, awful man Severus."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?" I was taken back by his sudden yelling but I held my ground.

"Why am I still here? WHY DO YOU THINK? BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU FOR MERLIN SAKE!" After the words left my mouth it was too late to take them back after I realised what I said.

"You love me?" he questioned.

"Yes. I love you but you obviously don't give a shit about me so I should just forget it. Good day Professor Snape." I said and walked out of the classroom ignoring my name being shouted behind me.

Sev's POV

"Good day Professor Snape." she said to me coldly.

"Hazel, wait!" I called after her but I was too late, she was already out the door.

"I love you too..." I whispered, I knew she couldn't hear me but I had to say it out loud.

She loves me? I mean Dumbledore said she did but I never expected it to be true, nor did I think she would admit it to me.

I sat down at my desk with my face in my hands and whispered to myself, "What have I done?" I always find a way to drive away the people I care for.

First it was Lily, now Hazel. Why was history repeating itself? I bet this is Potter's funny attempt to punish me from beyond the grave.

I opened the bottom draw of my desk and took out an unopened bottle of firewhiskey. I didn't bother with a glass. I put my lips to the bottle and felt the burning sensation of the liquid run down my throat.

I deserve this, I deserve every bit of punishment the universe is giving me. I felt frustrated with myself. I screw everything up.

I got up and threw everything off my desk in anger. "ARGHHH" I threw cauldrons across the classroom and smashed vials of potions on the floor.

I was hyperventilating, I ran my hands through my hair and pulled on it hard in defeat. I took another sip of the bottle while sitting on the floor of the classroom with messy hair and tear stained cheeks before I threw it across the room and watched it smash.

This all seemed too familiar, this was a similar feeling I felt when I lost Lily. I stood up and accessed the mess I made. With a few waves of my wand everything was as It was. I walked into my chambers and took the rest of the day off.

Hazel's POV

I feel awful for lashing out at Severus. The truth is I still love him, with all my heart.

I decided I should go talk to him. I walked down to his office and knocked on the door.

"Go away whoever it is." I could hear pain in his voice. I opened the door anyway and I saw him sitting at his desk with an empty bottle of firewhiskey.

"Severus." I whispered.

He looked up and his eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Hazel?" he asked in disbelief. "Severus, I wanted to come and apologise for the hurtful things I said. I shouldn't have taken the hurt I felt out on you. I couldn't possibly think that you felt the same way, especially about someone like me, someone so damaged and so broken, but I should have never have done that. I'm so sorry." I looked down at the floor and I heard him get up.

I felt his fingers on the bottom of my chin, he lifted my head to meet his eyes.

"Hazel... There is nothing you need to apologise for, you had every right to be upset with me. I kissed you and then yelled at you and considering your past that was a bad move on my behalf but Hazel... don't ever think that you aren't worthy of love. You are the most beautiful, talented, smart and caring person I have ever met and I don't know why I didn't say it before but Hazel, I love you too." He looked at me with anticipation, nervous about what I was going to say next.

I stood on my tippy toes and softly kissed his lips before pulling away.

"That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me..." he pulled me into a tight hug and held me for what seemed like forever, I didn't mind though. His arms were my safe place.