Chapter 15- Dress Shopping

Weeks pass and much to my dismay I haven't been able to get the truth out of her. The half term break will be soon and I am worried that something might happen.

On an even worse note Albus is forcing me to chaperone this stupid Valentines Day Ball next Friday. I hate balls and I hate love even more. I wouldn't if that wretched Potter didn't take my Lily away from me.

Albus has also Informed me that I must wear something other than my usual robes. "It's going to be Valentine's Day Severus, you can't expect to wear all black." he said to me yesterday. I don't own anything other than black robes.

Hogsmeade day is this weekend and I shall buy something... not black. I just gagged thinking about it.

Hazel's POV

"I'm freaking out Layla, Flitwick is making all the Performing arts kids perform at the ball and I can't even find something to wear." I was having a panic attack, I didn't own anything nice enough for a ball.

"Chill out Hay, we'll go Madam Malkin, she's the best out there and we will find you something to wear. And as for the performance, you'll do amazing. I heard you practice and your voice is gorgeous, don't doubt yourself. And I'm certain you'll catch the attention of a certain dungeon bat." she winked her eye at me suggestively and I rolled mine back.

"I would have to get Avada Kedavrad before he would notice me." She giggled at my fact.

"C'mon get dressed the carriages leave in 20 minutes."

Before we knew it we were hopping off the carriage and entering Madam Malkin's shop.

"Hello dearies, I assume you're here for a dress for the ball?" she inquired.

"We are indeed, we need two. One for me and one for Hazel here. She is performing at the ball so it has to be jaw droppingly perfect." I'm glad Layla was taking the lead in this because I would have no idea what to look for.

"Come right this way." Madam Malkins gestured to the back room and we followed.

After trying a few dresses, Layla found hers. It was a tight, mermaid style dress. A beautiful baby blue colour with lace flowers and vines cascading from the bodice all the way to the bottom of the dress.

 A beautiful baby blue colour with lace flowers and vines cascading from the bodice all the way to the bottom of the dress

Now it was my turn. I stepped onto the podium in my undergarments to be measured. About 20 dresses later and I still hadn't found one that I liked on myself. They were all gorgeous but they just weren't, me.

"This is no use, I might as well show up naked." I said discouragingly.

"Well I mean that would definitely get Snape's attention." she said jokingly.

"LAYLA!" I scolded her.

"Alright I'm sorry, I'm sorry I was kidding." she said in her usual sarcastic manner.