Chapter 20- A Kiss

Hazel's POV

"Please Madam Pomfrey, I promise you that I'm fine. I don't want to spend another minute here." Pomfrey huffed at me and then nodded her head. I was ecstatic that I could finally get out this depressing hospital wing.

"Only If you come for check ups every second day!" I rolled my eyes in a playful manner.

"Yes Madam Pomfrey." I chanted.

I threw my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. I wobbled for a bit then regained my balance. I collected my get well soon cards and chocolate frogs that my friends had sent to me and set out for the Slytherin dorms.

"Pureblood." I said to the portrait guarding the door.

I was barely fully in the common room before Layla attacked me with hugs.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. Just know I love you and I'm here for you." I smiled at her, I never really had anyone that was there for me. It made me feel warm inside.

"Thanks Lay, I know and I love you too."

"Are you hungry? Dinner is on soon." I was starving so I agreed to go after I had a shower. Being held up in that room for the past 3 weeks didn't do wonders to my hair.

After my shower Layla dragged me to the Great Hall.

"Hazel!" I heard and my head shot up and I was met with the sight of a crazy redhead coming towards me.

"Bill! I've missed you!" Bill ran up and gave me a big bear hug and we spoke for a few minutes before he joined the rest of the Gryffindors. Layla and I took our usual seats at our table and began eating.

I felt everyone's eyes on me, I guess word travels fast when your step dad is a nutter. I started to feel uncomfortable so I said I'd meet up with Layla later and I started heading down to the Library.

"What are you doing out of the Great Hall Miss Montgomery?" I heard behind me, that velvety voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Evening Professor, to what do I owe this pleasure?" I said smoothly.

"I saw you exit the feast and I came to check on you."

"Well I could feel everyone staring at me. They all know what happened to me and I feel like an absolute freak!"

"You are no freak Hazel, they merely cannot find anything else to talk about in their boring lives."

"I wish my life was boring, then everyone would stop staring at me like I'm a lost puppy." I started feeling more and more overwhelmed.

"Would you like to go somewhere more private? You seem quite distressed."

"That would be great Professor."

We walked side by side in silence to the potions classroom but didn't stop there we walked straight through the classroom and into the living room of his private chambers.

I looked around and It was the same as I remembered it, except a large grand piano in the corner.

"Was that piano always there?" He nodded his head. Hm, I wonder why I didn't notice it before.

"You may play it if you like." I felt a rush of excitement. "Really?!" he nodded again. I walked over to the large piano and sat on the stool. I laid my foot on the petals and rested my fingers on the keys.

*que video at the top. It's only going to be half the song don't worry.*

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you?

I looked over to Severus and he was just staring at me. Some would say lovingly but I know he could never feel the same way I do.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand,

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you

I looked back into his eyes and got lost in them and my voice trailed off and hands stopped pressing the keys. What I did next was probably the most ballsy thing i've ever done.

I stood up from the stool without saying a word and walked over to him. I was standing in front of him with my heart racing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before looking into his eyes.

I leaned up until we were millimetres apart and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. When we connected, it was like everything was right in the world. Without a second to spare he started to kiss me back. He placed a hand on the small of my back and brought me as close as he could.

I lifted my arms and folded them around his neck. The moment seemed to last forever but forever was not nearly long enough. We slowly broke apart and stood there for a moment gazing into each other's eyes.

Everything was right again, until,

"You need to leave." I was shocked by his words.

"What?"

"You need to leave, NOW!" he yelled the last part in my face and I raced out of there before you could say quidditch.

I ran back to my dorm and sobbed. How could he ruin such a perfect moment? And it was... perfect that is.

So perfect.

Sev's POV

This can't be happening. I can't possibly let go of Lily. What is this girl doing to me? I yelled and threw my last bottle of firewhiskey at the wall and didn't bother watching it shatter.

I don't know what I felt for this girl but It closely resembled love and it scared the hell out of me.

"Severus..." I heard the Headmaster behind me.

"She kissed me Albus, She kissed me."

"And why does that scare you so much?"

"She's my student. And, and Lily-"

"Lily is gone, Severus, you can't expect to hold onto her forever. There is a girl out there that loves you dearly, a girl you just left sobbing in her dormitory and I can tell you love her too."

"I can't love her Albus."

"Why not?"

"The Ministry. You-"

"If it's the Ministry you are worried about Severus then don't fret because if I don't tell them they will not know. As for me my dear boy you have nothing to worry about, who am I to stand In the way of two people who love each other." He turned and left without another word.

I need another drink.