Chapter 17- Dark Abyss

Today was Saturday and today was also the day where I had to go home again for the half term holidays, thankfully it's only for a week.

My mother informed me that she will only be away for the last two days of the holidays. So I only need to put up with Don for two days. That's easy enough, right? wrong.

*****************************************

*time skip 4 days later*

I spend most of this week playing board games and watching movies. To the untrained eye our family would look almost normal. Sometimes I longed for a sibling, someone to share my deepest secrets with, someone I could trust with everything.

Of course I had Layla and don't get me wrong, she's like a sister to me but it's just not the same.

"Hey mum, how come you never had another child?" She seemed surprised by my sudden interest.

"Well sweetie, when your father and I had you, we felt like our life was already complete. We didn't feel the need to have another child. You were all we ever wanted or needed." I smiled at her response and we continued to play Monopoly.

I decided I should owl Layla and Professor Snape. So after our game finished I went up to my bedroom and grabbed some parchment and quill.

I wrote to Layla and told her how much I missed her and that I can't wait to come back to Hogwarts but when it came time to write to the Professor I was stumped. I thought for a moment then scratched my quill onto the paper.

Dear Professor Snape,

Or should I say Severus now that we aren't at school. I just wanted to thank you for the dance we shared at the Ball and sorry for pulling you back on stage. Although I really am not sorry. I was right, you need to let loose. You're always up in your classroom grading papers. How Boring!

On another note I just wanted to know how your holidays are going? I hope the students who stayed aren't getting up to too much mischief.

I will have to leave this letter here because my Mother is calling me downstairs. I hope you write back but I understand if you're too busy.

Kind regards,

Hazel

I gave both letters to the family owl and sent him on his way. I went downstairs to see what my Mother was calling for.

"Hey mum what's up?" I asked her.

"Hi sweetie, I'm heading off for work and I won't be back until Monday so I won't see you until the end of term." She said in a sad tone.

"I'll see you at the end of term mum. I love you. Now go save some lives!" I hoped to cheer her up a bit and was happy to see that it worked.

My mother left for work and now I was alone with Don. I turned around to face him and I gave him a nasty dirty look.

*TRIGGER WARNING*

He started coming towards me and he looked mad. He grabbed me by my upper arm and dragged me down to the basement. When we entered he threw me roughly to the floor. He tied my ankles and wrist up with metal shackles.

I knew what was to come next. He drew his wand and Pointed it at me and shouted,

"Crucio!"

I felt an excruciating pain shoot through me. I grunted and groaned but didn't want to give him the satisfaction of a scream.

"Cricuo!" he shouted again.

This time the pain, somehow, was even worse. It felt like every bone in my body was breaking, every muscle being torn and every part of my skin burning.

I couldn't hold in any longer and I let out a blood curdling scream. Satisfied, he lowered his wand and the obliterating pain in my body faded to a dull throb.

He decided to not use his wand anymore and resorted to muggle tactics. He came up to my pale body and slapped me hard across the face. I looked up at him to see him grinning with animosity.

He raised his hand again and this time when his hand collided with my cheek, my head hit the hold, hard concrete ground and my eyes were met with the deep abyss of darkness.