Chapter Seven; Brain Bruise

It was pitch black when Lloyd woke up. His mind felt foggy. He didn't hear anything but a buzzing noise.

"Where am I...?" He muttered, rubbing his head. Pain came to his face when he spoke. He felt a cloth bandage around his head and heavy bandaging around his nose.

Memory of earlier came back all at once. A light lit up in his brain, and, in the room. Lloyd squinted, his eyes not adjusted to the light. Everything was blurry.

Mrs. Gineeve was there. "You're up."

Lloyd nodded.

"Do you remember what happened? You fell."

'You're kidding me.' Lloyd felt irritated.

"I barely remember." Lloyd responded.

"You might have a concussion. You sprained your nose! What in Heavens name could you have been possibly doing?"

"I really don't remember ma'am. I remember writing, th-thats it."

Why was he covering for Morro?

"Do you think you can stand up?" Mrs. Gineeve sometimes had a soft side.

Lloyd got up slowly. Blood rushed to his head, and he felt dizzy. "I think I can manage." He lied.

"Good. Now go have dinner. You're holding everyone back." Mrs. Gineeve left the room. 

•••

After dinner, Morro met Lloyd at the staircase, before he went up. He didn't recognize the blurry figure at first, nor the first step, stumbling over himself.

Surprisingly the figure caught him by the shirt. They chuckled, setting Lloyd upright.

Lloyd recognized them-him-then. Morro. He stopped, assuming Morro wanted to go up first, even though the staircase was wide enough for five people in a row.

Morro rolled his eyes at Lloyd, who had taken a step back.

"Wh-what? I didn't say anything, I swear!-" Lloyd started.

Morro interrupted him by covering his mouth for a few seconds. "I'm just helping you up the stairs, faggot. Shut up. Let's go."

Lloyd hesitantly accepted the help. His eyes were blurring everything still. Why??...

"Why didn't you say anything to the Mrs.?" Morro questioned. Then he answered his own question. "You scared of me green bean?"

"What if I am?..." Lloyd muttered.

Morro laughed. "You should be."

Lloyd stayed quiet.

"You're something. I like that. Keep it up and maybe I'll lay off you for a bit." Morro opened Lloyd's door.

"I don't want to cause any trouble." Lloyd would agree to almost anything to stay off Morro's bad side.

"Good..." Morro smirked, but Lloyd couldn't see that.

"But...just in case..." He reached his hand into his back pocket, and quickly had Lloyd in a chokehold with the knife against his throat. "If you tell anybody, about any of this, I will fucking end you." He whispered in Lloyd's ear, sending chills down his spine.

"Y-yes!" Lloyd agreed, terrified.

"Yes what?" Morro pressed the knife into Lloyd's skin a little harder. "Yes sir. Say it. Now."

"Y-yes s-s-sir!" Lloyd thought his heart was about to beat right out of his chest if he didn't throw it up.

Morro released the knife. "I think you've learned your lesson, Green Bean?"

Lloyd frantically nodded. His vision kept getting blurrier and dizzier, before he finally crumpled down and collapsed to the ground.