Chapter Eleven; Taken

A/N just a heads up that every chapter from now on is in the present UNLESS it says otherwise!!

Past

Lloyd sat up groggily. Shifting noises woke him up. He looked at the window. The sun was still coming up. How early was it?

He rubbed his eyes and sighed. It was always too difficult for Lloyd to fall back asleep after waking up. No matter what time it was.

He looked around, checking for the source of the noise that woke him. He saw Morro putting things into a suitcase. He saw him shutting it. Leaving the room, being hustled out by Mrs. Gineeve.

He swung his legs out of bed as he normally did, sloppily making the covers. He needed to see what was going on. He tiptoed to the doorway and snuck out.

He heard voices from underneath him. He went to the balcony overlooking the stairway and floor below. He saw the tops of Morro and Mrs. Gineeve's heads. They were talking to someone. Lloyd couldn't see who.

"The facility is proven to have fabulous results in rehabilitation for troubled teens." The person said.

"Even when they're...Orphans?" Mrs. Gineeve asked.

Lloyd squinted. 'What did that have to do with anything?'

"Absolutely!" The person exclaimed. "In fact, our best outcomes in patients happened to be in those who were orphaned, particularly at young ages."

"That is perfect." Mrs. Gineeve put a hand on Morro's shoulder. He had his hair pulled into a ponytail. Lloyd never saw that before. He never thought he would, either.

"Just to clear this up. Is this a loony bin? I'm not crazy." Morro looked at Mrs. Gineeve and then at the person they were talking to.

Lloyd leaned in a little closer to hear the answer better. 'Was he crazy?'

"No, it's almost like another orphanage, while at the same time, a hospital or therapeutic environment. We focus on...Amending atypical behavior from troubled children, possibly struggling with mental health." The person explained.

"It's the perfect place for someone as troubled as you." Mrs. Gineeve said bluntly, but kindly, at the same time.

Morro stayed silent. Lloyd felt somewhat bad for Morro. They were practically calling him disturbed in an indirect way!

A few other words were exchanged, and then the person and Mrs. Gineeve shook hands. The person then guided Morro to the door by his shoulder gently, out of Lloyd's sight.

'He's...gone...'