Chapter Ten; A Hazey Memory

Past; After Lloyd's encounter with Morro in his room where he fainted.

Lloyd just barely remembered any of what happened.

He remembered Morro's face. He remembered getting injured. He remembered a knife, he thought?

He sat up, looking around the dark room. The curtains were drawn shut.

As his consciousness returned, he started to feel the pain in his face. Especially around his nose. He raised a hand to apply pressure, but only found it difficult to do so, because of the bandages.

'What the...?' He wondered to himself.

'Do I really not remember...?'

He shook his head. He could worry about that later. He ran a hand through his messy hair. He had to find Mrs. Gineeve and ask what happened.

He swung his legs out of bed and hopped up, too fast, he realized when all the blood rushed to his head, causing it to pound. He got dizzy and sat back down. He groaned.

Perfectly timed, the door to the infirmary opened. The light got switched on. The woman with the nurse role came over to Lloyd.

"You're up! How are you feeling?"

"Not great." Lloyd frowned.

"I thought so." She sympathetically pouted.

"Um...What exactly happened? My thoughts are kind of...blurry." Lloyd asked.

The woman looked at him directly. "Well, hun, you fainted!"

"I did? Why?"

"Well I don't know!" She laughed.

"Right...My face hurts."

"I thought so. I can bring you some medicine with your food. Applesauce or yogurt?" She asked.

"Applesauce sounds good." Lloyd tried to smile at her.

"I'll be back." The woman left the room to bring Lloyd medicine and applesauce. While he was waiting, he noticed Morro peeking into the room and quickly walking by.

"Hm." Lloyd said to himself.

Everything Morro did was...suspicious. Lloyd was only glad he didn't come into the room. He was not in the mood to talk to Morro.

Or worse, get into another argument with him.