Chapter Sixteen; Office

"No way. Where have you been?!" Lloyd felt shocked.

"Where have I not been?" Morro smirked.

Lloyd looked concerned, and somewhat disgusted. He didn't respond.

"I didn't think I'd see you around again." Morro's shoulder length, straight black hair fell down in front of his eyes. He tucked it behind his ears.

Lloyd looked down at Morro's shirt. It had the store's name and logo on it.

"Y-you work here?" He asked.

"I do. Still a stutterer, I see." Morro winked.

"No." Lloyd muttered.

"Looking for something?" Morro asked, looking at his empty basket.

"Yeah, uh...Bread. And oatmeal."

"No." Morro squinted. "Those disgusting overused things?"

"Nothing else seems good..." Lloyd bit his lip nervously.

Morro watched him. He looked away. "Okay, well, I'll just show you." He led Lloyd to the bread aisle.

"I'm guessing you want white?"

"Uh, yeah." Lloyd nodded. It smelled weird in that aisle.

Morro grabbed him a white bread. "25 bucks right?"

"Yup. I have twenty."

"This is three."

"Sounds good. Oatmeal next?"

"Yup." Lloyd agreed. He followed Morro who led him to the cereal aisle. The oatmeal was on the other side.

Lloyd's mouth fell open. There were endless options. Strawberry, peach, banana, blueberry, maple and brown sugar, plain. Morro watched him, amused.

"I recommend the blueberry one." He pointed to it.

"Uh, okay," Lloyd grabbed it, examining it, then putting it in his basket.

"That all you need?"

"Yes." Lloyd responded.

"I'll check you out. Heeey. Do you need a job?"

"A job?"

"Yeah. Don't you need one to keep getting money?"

"Yes..."

"Want an application?"

"Um, uh..." Lloyd felt hesitant. Him? Work with Morro?

"Great! Follow me." Morro ventured to the back of the store. Lloyd groaned and followed.

They went through "Employee only" doors. Morro went into an office and started digging through papers on the desk.

"I'll just wait out here..." Lloyd murmured.

"Get in here and close the door! I can approve your application quick."

"Oh, uh, okay." Lloyd slowly came into the office and closed the door.

"Gottem." Morro pulled a sheet of paper out from other sheets of paper. He handed it to Lloyd. Their hands briefly touched.

Lloyd grabbed a pen and started filling out the sheet, using the wall as a hard surface. Morro watched him fill it out. Lloyd had to skip some of the questions he didn't know, but it didn't really matter since Morro was cheating him in anyways...

Morro watched Lloyd fill it in. His watchful eyes moved all around Lloyd, examining every detail he could. Lloyd suddenly felt his stare, and looked over. "Can you not?"

"What?" Morro asked.

"Stop staring!"

"I wasn't staring." Morro denied.

"Yes, you were." Lloyd signed his name on the application. Then he handed it to Morro, who read over it quickly before scanning it into the computer and typing a few things.

"How did you learn how to use that?"

"Oh, the boss teaches us all that." Morro responded. He looked at Lloyd and smirked. "I want to teach you something."

He stood up, walking over to Lloyd. He got close. Lloyd nervously looked up at Morro. "What is it?"

Morro swiftly shoved Lloyd up against the wall he had just been writing on. He gasped. Morro brought his lips to Lloyd's ear and whispered, "That was cute."

Lloyd's eyes widened. "What the hell?! What are you doing?!"

"Seeing how you react..."

"Are you crazy? Move! Right now!"

Morro did so.

Lloyd moved away and folded his arms angrily. "That was so uncalled for!"

"Sorry."

"Are you?" Lloyd squinted.

Morro looked at Lloyd under his eyelashes. "No."

Noooo! Lloyd scolded himself. Why was that attractive?! Lloyd felt a fluttering sensation in his chest. He turned a little pink. "T-that's so rude!"

"Okay, stutterer."

"Ugh!" Lloyd scowled. He glared at Morro. He hated the thoughts he was having right now.

He sort of wanted things to...

...Escalate.

~Orphans~ {A Ninjago GreenWind Fanfiction} जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें