Chapter Fourteen; Return

Past

Lloyd heard the chatter get louder as he got closer to the small crowd downstairs. He was sneaking to the balcony to peer over the side.

"The progress is fantastic!" Lloyd heard Mrs. Gineeve exclaim.

"Yes, yes, he hasn't had any slip ups in months. It's remarkable." The voice sounded the same as the woman's voice who had come to take Morro away before.

"Morro, why don't you bring your things-Morro?"

"Oh, about that. He has a...Habit of disappearing on you." The woman laughed.

"What?" Lloyd questioned inside his head. "What did that mean?"

"Eavesdropping?" Morro appeared suddenly behind Lloyd.

Lloyd gasped, whipping around.

Morro stood now facing Lloyd, his arms crossed. He smirked softly, before regaining a cold stare. "Look at you."

"It isn't what it looks like..." Lloyd tried to cover.

"Spying isn't acceptable, what was it? Lloyd?"

Lloyd felt butterflies in his stomach. There was something oddly satisfying about Morro's post-puberty voice. And him saying his name out loud made the butterflies even more intense.

"Uh, yeah. I just wanted to see who was here. Now I know. So I will be on my way." Lloyd started side stepping away.

Morro grabbed his wrist. "So well spoken." He pulled Lloyd into him.

Lloyd blushed. "W-what are you doing?"

"Calling your bluff. I knew you were putting on a brave front." Morro was smirking. He let Lloyd go.

Lloyd was a deep shade of red. "What the hell?!"

Morro walked off to the room. "I have to put my things away, Lloyd~"

A/N CREDIT TO ANDREW FRANCIIIIIS WHO PROVIDED MORRO A BEAUTIFUL VOICE