act 9

ACT 9
MOTHER KIMONO

" Mother , do we have to eat this everyday? "

涙と破壊 .

We were never a family since the beginning. The cold threat when your hand circling my neck , threaten to tighten the grip even more if I didn't fulfill your childish naive desire. The smile that we perform in everyday show , hiding the cold knife behind the back. Our frozen bond , binding by our blood relation. Words spoken in cautious , more and more cautious in each time we spend , hiding the insults with all the broken plates and glasses. Forcing me to eat like a good obedient daughter I am , despite knowing exactly who flesh I ate. Golden grades of papers , along with the friends I needed , just for the two of you get away easier.

'Be a good girl' they said.

Now I asked you , mother , father. Am I a good girl?

Us three sat on a singular dining table. My mother on the left side , my father on the right. I was always seated in the middle of them , on one of the end of the table. We dig our food in silent , always. It's always silent. Not only that , we ate the same thing everyday even when we have guests.

We were always different from most of families that ever exist. My father , an ex soilder who then works as a financial advisor. My mother , a doctor. And me , their only child , a delegent student as they said. They were never proud of me , unless someone is watching us. Our relationships always grey and blank , cold atmosphere surrounding us , threatening to cut our throat.

They never asked me if I wanted a sibling. They bought me a present only if I pay them back. They gave me food , but not what most others eat. In a myth , you may call us as a 'ghoul'. The term that I use seems to fit perfectly to describe my family. Human flesh and organs is what both of them insisted me to only ate , excluding the food that my friends offer to hid the suspicions. No , now we weren't any kind of a whole another race , we still are humans. Just different.