Burning Candles - short Christmas special

A Christmas special episode/chapters for your spirits :)

It was a December night winter , cold snows gathering on the other side of the window. Sweaters of her own choice and a pair of long loose pants to comfort her figure as she stares out the freezing season. Burying her own face on both of her porcelain palms , nuzzling her red tinted nose for comfort. The petite little girl embraced herself beneath the large blanket , hinting her eyes out to see the full moon and stars wondering around the dark sky.

" Why are you sitting alone in the dark? ,,

The light switched on , revealing her older brother with a candle on one of his hand. Looking back at his figure , she tilted her head to side , eyeing the burning candles with a particular scent coming out from it.

" That candle doesn't smell like normal candle. ,,

she stated , hopping off from the bed and walking towards her brother , who only chuckled at her words.

" It's called an 'aroma candle'. This one supposed to smell like Christmas. ,,

" You can smell Christmas? ,,

Processing her brother words , she leaned her face towards the candle , smelling it once again. Her innocent curiosity was enough for his holloe to once again filled up , following by a light chuckle escaping his lips. Bringing up onof his hand , the older brunette gently patted her head , earning a nuzzle back from the female.

" Merry Christmas (y/n) ,,

" Merry Christmas nii-chan ,,

Her (e/c) irises open as she perks her head up and sticking her eyes to the ceiling , the innocent look was replaced by a withering one. She has the gut to feel it's once again a December winter. The tiles are colder than usual , the same also applie to the walls. There's no fuzzy sweater nor aroma candle burning away the scent of Christmas , just an empty room with a ragged doll.

" I wonder if he still remember that Christmas candle. . . ,,

And indeed , in another place. He sits there alone , laying his head onto the table while his eyes only focuse on the burning candle and every breath he takes , the same exact scent still linger almost like nostalgia. Though , the only different between now and then is that what used to bring them together during Christmas can't no longer bring them together.

- Merry Christmas -