4. Wood

Rowan Bailey

I head down to the library after hours, still with my uniform on. I know I'm not supposed to but Madam Pince lets me since she'll know I'll just be reading.

I grab the first book that catches my eyes and I sit down at the desks.

"Hmm, after hours at the library? Madam Pince must really like you, even better you might be her favorite." I look at a brown-haired, brown eye boy talking while putting books away. I could only see the side of his face.

"Guess I might as well be." I watch him, "Guessing you're an after-hours library helper?"

"You guessed right." He keeps putting book by book back.

I look at my book as I talk, "Hmm, I saw you more of a field guy, playing quidditch."

He chuckles, "I'm on the field too." I feel him looking at me.

"What's it like?" I look at him as he was already looking at me, "Playing quidditch?"I could see his whole face, he was cute.

He looks behind him before pulling a chair out. He sits with the chair backward while facing me, his arms rest on the back as he watches me put my book down.

"A dream really," He smiles and looks down, "It's stupid, I know," he scratches his chin.

"I never said that," I watch him look up again, "I think it's pretty cool."

"Ever thought about playing?"

I hold my book back up as it's still open, "I think I'll stick to reading."

"As you wish." I smile at him, "You should at least watch, why don't you go to our next match?" he suggested.

I look down at his tie, "Gryffindor," He nods and looks at mine. He seemed a little shocked about my green Slytherin tie.

"Am I allowed to bring a book?" I look at my book, still open in my hands.

He chuckles, "You better not."

I giggle, "Okay then," I look at him, "I'll make sure to go."

He smiles at me but my focus turns to look behind him, I see Madam Pince. She's standing at the end of the aisle with books in her hands.

He looks behind him and back at me, "Well, I'll better get back." He puts his hand out before getting up, "Oliver Wood."

I take it, "Rowan, Rowan Bailey."

"Bailey," He smiles, "I'll remember that."

He gets up putting the chair back and walks to the unplaced books. I go back to my book, and for the first time, I didn't want to read. Madam Pince really ruining moments.

She walks towards Oliver, "Lock when you head out, okay?" She hands him a golden key.

She walks past me and takes the book off my hands. Wtf. She smiles at me before leaving, never mind about Madam Pince ruining moments.

I look back at Oliver who's still putting books away, I get up and help him.

"Hey again," I grab two books and try to place them at the top with my tippy toes.

He chuckles at me, "Need a hand."

He moves behind me placing both his hands around my waist making me get butterflies. He slowly lifts me up a little and I place down both the books.