14. You're Hurting Me

Lena Jeramey

I get to breakfast before everyone, I look around waiting for at least someone to sit with. I just end up waiting. At least I get food before Blaise could eat it all.

I set some food down on my plate; saving Rowan a pancake.

I end up looking at the Ravenclaw table. I smile when I see-

"Morning." Blaise interrupts my thought. He brought Draco and Rowan with him.

"Morning, how was the party last night?" I ask as they all sit down.

Rowan sat next to Draco while in front of Blais; like always. She rested her head on her hand, as her elbow stood on the table, "It was okay." she replies tiredly.

I look at Blaise before asking again, "Just okay?"

"Mmh." she kept her head down, grabbing food with her other hand.

Blaise notices too, "Are you alright?"

Draco looks at her, but can't meet eyes with her. "Just fine," she replies.

Draco clears his throat, "Did you guys-um- uh- break up?" he asks lowly, still looking at her.

She looks at him, meeting eyes, shaking her head then back to her plate, "No, no. It was just a long night, that's all." she looks at him again, sending a small smile.

Blaise and I look at them, back at forth, not knowing if we should join in or not, but I do anyway. "Well, I save you this." I place the pancake on her plate with my fork, "You're welcome."

Blaise hovers over the table, loudly whispers, "Now, tell us. Do Gryffindor's know how to party?" he smirks.

We get a happy scoff out of her, "Yeah- they definitely do."

"Well come on, tell us. How was it?" Blaise adds, grabbing some fruit.

"Everyone was nice," I could see her smile, thinking about it, "I made a couple of friends." she let out a small laugh, "I actually met this really nice guy, we talked all night. You guys would like him."

I feel Blaise and Draco looking at me. I nod even if I'm confused, "Em- do- do we know him?" I eat after asking.

"I'm not sure," she looks at the Gryffindor table before turning back to us, "He's in the year above. Leo, Leo Huffman."

I choked on my food, making me cough. Blaise rubs my back, staring at Draco with deathly eyes. 

"Gosh, Lena. Are you-" Rowan worries.

I cough once more, "Yeah- yeah, I'm okay." I look at Blaise, "Em- Rowan." I look back at her. 

She takes a bite of her pancake, "Yeah?"

"You shouldn't be friends with him."

"Why? You don't know him." she starts getting defensive. I look at Blaise, already looking at me. He looks down when he sees me looking back, I look at Draco who does the same. I didn't want to be the one to tell her. Her face calms, "Oh- you know him?" her head drops, looking back at her plate.

"Yeah- I'm pretty sure, everyone knows him. He used to go to- um- Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the one you think is pretty."

"Oh- yeah," She frowns her eyebrows, looking up again; confusingly, "I love that one."

"Yeah- he's not- um-" I look at Blaise for help "Blaise?" I say for him to add on.

"Em- he's- he's not a good- guy-" he slowly nods, hoping Rowan won't ask why. Yet, she does.