6. Detention Hand

Rowan Bailey

I walk back to my room coming from the library; I end up walking all alone; with a new book.

I look down at it, should take me a day to finish.

I look up and see Harry; I walk towards him and see his hand; looked awful.

I look both ways of the hallway, grab his non-bloody hand, and pull him into a room.

I close the door behind us and get a look at it, "Harry, what- what happened?"

"Umbridge's Detention," He nervously stares at me.

Umbridge's eyes were bulging and pouchy, with her mousy brown hair. She always wore a bright pink dress, like she's trying to blind us all. She made her class have several rules, one of them being 'no magic allowed.'

"It's nothing." He tries to cover it with his other hand, "Really."

He starts to step back as I pull my wand out, he didn't seem scared, just confused.

I put my hand out waiting for him to let go of his own hand, and he does; he lets me hold on to it.

The words 'I must not tell lies' seemed to be curved on his right hand.

I do a couple of charm spells on his hand, so he won't wimp as much. It was the best I could do; it really was.

"Better?" I ask, looking up as he looks at me.

Harry was just about the same height as me, with his messy brown hair, and the same blue eyes as me. First-year people thought we were siblings, but not since they found out I was a Slytherin.

"Better." He softly smiles.

I look back down at his hand, "Don't do this to yourself, Harry, as much as we all despite her, you know she still has more control over us all."

"But you heard what she said, in class. You were there."

My eyes look up, "The Cedric thing." I nod, "That's why 'you must not tell lies.'" I scoff, "Pathetic."

He slowly nods, "So, you believe me?"

"I do," I assure.

"Why?"

I let out a breath, "I knew Cedric," he frowns at me, confused. "He told me you helped him. He saw you as a younger brother, I know you wouldn't hurt him or anyone in that matter of fact."

He looks down, "Well, at least someone believes me."

"Hey," I place my hand on his shoulder, making him look up "Truth always comes out, you'll see. Before you know it, the rumors will be gone."

I feel my throat tighten when saying that; would my secrets come out, eventually?

My truth.

Who I really am.

How different I am from Slytherin.

How much I love Hufflepuffs.

How amazed I get by Ravenclaws.

How I want to be a Gryffindor.

How I disappointed father.

How grampa shuts me out.

How much I miss, mom.

How much pressure I feel.