34. Both Be Crying Next

Draco Malfoy

I take Blaise with me to check on Row. I haven't seen her since last night, knowing she would want to be alone.

I could just imagine her face. Tears coming down, as her cheeks turned red; like when Pansy slapped her. Seeing her crying last night made me stay up all night waiting for it to be morning.

I know she'll be okay soon; I hope so.

Vanilla was the scent of their room, always with a candle lighten up. Rowan had her covers over her, looking out at the window.

Blaise's voice moves my eyes away from her, "Hey, I haven't seen you all day yesterday." his hand on Lena's shoulder.

She doesn't respond. Staying facing the ceiling, still wearing her Halloween costume. Eyes blinked as her face stayed the same. I look at Blaise, who's just as confused. I let him check on her while I go to Rowan, seeing her Brown hair from here.

I keep my voice delicate, "Hey Pumpkin," rubbing her back as she's faced the other way. I could just hear her sniffle, making my voice softer, "how are you- doing?"

I knew she probably didn't want me to be here, but I wanted her to know that I am. I'm here for you.

I lay beside her, facing her back. Hearing sniffles continue as breaths were trying to get taken. I was sad by the feeling of her crying, just wanting to hold her.

I fix her hair to draw swirls on her back, "You'll be okay." I keep my voice low.

She's quick to turn around, wrapping her arms around my neck. Hiding on my shoulder, "Just stay."

I smile at her cute movement. I keep her close, wrapping around her waist, "Always." I whisper, hiding in her shoulder. I felt warm by her touch, and warm on the inside. My favorite feeling coming from her.

I run my hand up and down her back, letting her know I'm here. Whispering that everything is okay in her ear.

I feel for her more than I know I should. She's gone through a lot, so have all of us. I'll rather feel pain than to watch her go through it.

I hardly know what happened yesterday. She said her father killed her mom. After that, she left. I stayed behind, getting told by her grandfather not to see her.

I look at Blaise, trying to comfort Lena. Sitting beside her, looking down at her. "What happened?" he asks, "I haven't seen you since the party." he tried to speak to her.

She stays there. No words. Blank expression as she looks up at the ceiling.

I hold Rowan tighter above her waist, bringing her to lie over me, "What happened to Lena?" I whisper in her ear while she softly whispers in mine. "She won't talk. I've been trying- to talk to her- all last night."

I move the covers over us both, "She doesn't seem-"

"I know. I don't know what happened." she's quick to cut me off, keeping her whisper.

I sigh. Scared to ask anything, but still wanting to be sure she's okay, "Row."

"Mhm."

I run my hand through her hair, every finger massaging her head, "How are you?"

"Just fine."

The same response as always.

I knew she was never fine when responding with a fake smile. I couldn't see her as she hides in my shoulder, but I could hear the pain in her voice. Her heartbeat slowing down as mine just went faster.