21. Look at Her

Draco Malfoy

I would place a delicate kiss on her forehead every so often, carefully not to wake her. She always had this angelic look on her face when she would sleep. Light pink lips parted, while her face softens at every little snore. Her small, but unnoticed freckles would even show.

I never told Rowan what happened at the party. I promised her drunk state of mind not to mention it, but eventually, she'll know. I don't plan on mentioning it anytime, soon.

I watch as she slowly opens her eyes, blinking for everything to clear out. Looking around, realizing it's morning.

I kiss her forehead, feeling myself smiling, "Good morning." I stayed holding onto her, above her sweatpants waistline.

She mumbles a couple of words but rests her head on my shoulder again. I laugh as she's never been a morning person. 

"Come on," I shake her, knowing we'll stay here for a couple more hours. I didn't mind it if it was with her.

She mumbles more words.

Her arms still behind my neck, her fingertips touching the back of my hair. Her head rests on my shoulder while her face faced my neck.  

I shake her once more, "Oh, come on."

"Shh." is all I could get out of her.

Even the littlest of things she does, I could feel myself falling in love with her, all over again.

Eventually, after a lot of convincing, and her hushing me every second. I got her up just around eleven o'clock. 

We both got ready, planning on going to the small shopping area that's a couple of walks down. We would have to cross the lonely bridge to make it there. We haven't been there for ages, at least not together. We let Vokbey and Halby stay behind as they played with Muffin. 

Her grandfather's house was as lonely as it could be, in the middle of nowhere. I like it as much as Rowan probably didn't. It was calm seeing the water view every morning and night. I like Rowan's grandfather, he always said I was a 'good kid', he even gave me his blessing to date her if it ever were to happen. 

Yet, I'm not sure Rowan would think of being anything, ever. Her blue eyes, the ones no one could resist looking away from. Her brown long hair with small portions of snow had rained on her. 

"You're awfully quiet." she walks backwards in front of me, keeping eye contact. Her hands following the snowy wooden railing of the bridge.

I shrug, distracted by her eye contact, "I'm not much of a talker."

She scoffs, turning around leading the way, "Since when? You were the talker this morning."

I laugh knowing she hated me this morning for waking her up, "Guess the roles changed."

I watch as one of her hands drags the railing, getting as much snow as she could. I look away, seeing the frozen water from under the walking wooden bridge. The bridge that leads their house to the forest. I always liked this bridge, whether it was with the snow during winter or flowers when summer came around. 

My head snaps back forward when a snowball hits me in my chest. Seeing Rowan's devious smile at me as her hands were no longer holding snow.

I brush the snow off, frowning at her, "You better become the runner now." With that sentence she was off, running as I follow behind her.