1

Kang Yeona, junior in college. Smart, artistic, nice, factors anyone would look for in a girl. Walking down the wide hallway of the college, Yeona noticed she was almost late for her art class. From a very young age, she had taken a special liking to all types of art and wanted to pursue a career in it. 

Rounding the corner of the hallway, she saw the door wide open. Speeding up her steps, she was able to make it right as the professor was about to close the door. 

"Ms. Kang, glad you could make it," the professor, Ms. Byun, explained with a smile.

Yeona smiled right back before making her way up the steps towards her usual spot. Next to her, like always was Na Jaemin, Huang Renjun, and Mark Lee. 

"Why are you so late?" Renjun asked in a whisper. The class had just begun and they didn't want to be caught talking. 

"Slept through my alarm clock," she responded quickly, taking out her sketch book and pencils. 

"Again? That's like the third time this week," Mark noticed. 

"You need a new one?" Jaemin asked. 

"No boys, I'm fine," the girl responded, now putting her full attention on their professor.

"Today class," Ms. Byun said, "we will be starting a group project. This will be a little different from the rest of the semester. For the past couple of weeks, I have been conversing with the music teacher and we have decided to join our classes for this project. Music and art can be put into the same category of creativity. You will be put into groups of 5, making 5 groups. Both classes are surprising small. making this work in out favor. In a short while, Mr. Choi will bring his class into here and we can announce the groups you will be working in."

"Isn't Hyuck, Chenle, Jeno, and Jisung in music?" Jaemin whispered to Mark. 

"Do you think we'll be paired with them?" Mark questioned. 

Yeona hadn't known anyone with a music major, but thought this could be a good opportunity to meet new people. 

As if on que, a knock emitted from the door and Mr. Choi's head emerged from behind it. 

"Mr. Choi!" Ms. Byun announced. "Glad you could all make it."

One by one all the music students filled the empty seats around the room. 

"Hyuck! Hyuck!" Mark shouted, trying to get the younger boy's attention. He waved his hang\d excitedly until a group of four younger boys came walking towards them. 

"Did you guys know about this?" Jisung asked excitedly. 

"No, no one told us. We just wanna be paired with you guys to make this easier," Jaemin responded. 

"All I need is Yeona in my group and I'll be fine," Renjun explained, turning the attention to the girl next to them. 

Yeona looked over at the group of boys in shock that her name was mentioned. She glanced at each boy quickly before smiling and saying, "I'm Kang Yeona."

"I'm Chenle!" A younger boy announced loudly. His smile so bright went on to say, "This is Jeno, Jisung, and Donghyuck. But everyone just calls him Hyuck."

"Hi," she responded back. "Nice to meet you all."

"Yeona, you have to be in my group," Renjun announced. 

"Well I don't really have control over that, do I?"

"If not, I'll have Mark pull some strings. Use the whole 'I'm a senior, this is my last year in school' card." He replied sitting back down next to her. 

"Class!" Mr. Choi announced, catching everyone's attention. "If you would all sit down, Ms. Byun and I could announce your groups. In our first group, we will have Minseo, Jiwoo, Jisung, Chenle, and Junseo. Second group will have Jeno, Jaemin, Seohyun, Jia, and Chohee. Third, Renjun, Mark Lee, Myunghee, Aiko, and Meziou. For our fourth, Eiko, Youngchul, Areum, Hiroki, and Heejin. Last but not least, Jihoon, Hangyeol, Mina, Yeona, and Donghyuck. When class ends, you all will be given a packet with the criteria of this project. You will have two and a half weeks to complete this."

"For the rest of the class, Mr. Choi and I thought it would be good for you all to get to know each other. Take the next 35 minutes to meet your groups and converse among yourselves," Ms. Byun announced. "Class will be dismissed then."

As soon as Ms. Byun stopped talking, Renjun turned to Mark and said, "Go change my group."

"Dude-" Mark said as the group of 8 bursted into a fit of laughter. 

"How does Hyuck get Yeona and he doesn't even know her?! Oh goodness and here comes the rest our group," Renjun explained and hid behind Mark. 

"I was never here!" He whispered to Yeona as the girl laughed at his reaction. 

A small tap could be felt on her shoulder. Turning around, a hand was in her face ready to be shaken. Yeona followed the hand up until she saw a face. 

"Donghyuck?" She question, reaching to shake his hand. The boy nodded his head softly. "And your Yeona?" 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm not all what Renjun may put me out there to be."

The boy showed a small smile and explained, "It's ok. He's like that with everyone, but it makes introductions really fun."

Hyuck was a very chill guy and Yeona couldn't deny that. He was tall and dressed pretty simple,  but nice. He had on blue jeans, a simple white t-shirt, and an oversized black zip-up hoodie on. 

"Well, I guess we should introduce ourselves," an outside voice said. Yeona turned around to find Hangyeol and Jihoon and who she guessed was Mina. 

"I'm Mina, nice to meet you," The young girl introduced herself as the boys introduced themselves to each other. 

"Your major is music?" Yeona questioned politely. 

"Yeah, I have class with Donghyuck."

Yeona nodded along with what the girl said. Before she could responded, Hyuck had already started speaking. 

"So, what do you think this project will be about?"

"Honestly, I have no idea. I can see how music and art could be under the same category, but I wouldn't know how to combine them," Hangyeol responded.

For the rest of the period, the group discussed what they thought could be the group project. 

"Ok class, please pack your things and head out. Before leaving, make sure you take one of the packets by the door, it is your group project. Have a great rest of your day!"

The students all started putting there things away and headed for the door. Yeona quickly grabbed a packet on her way out and made her way towards the front of the school. Stopping for a moment, she wanted to flip through the packet before she could use her free period to see her friends.

In big red letters on the last page, it read, "THIS PROJECT IS A CREATIVE PROJECT, MEANING YOUR GROUP HAS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU THINK IS APPROPRIATE. READ RUBRIC FOR MORE DETAILS. MESSAGE MR. CHOI OR MS. BYUN FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS."

"Well, this will be different," she whispered closing the packet and walking out the school.