6

Almost ten minutes after Yeona had got back into her apartment, a loud and fast-paced knock came from the outside of the door. 

Assuming it was just Hyuck, she took her time getting to the door. She was almost ran over by Dohyun and Yonghee once she opened the door. 

"Where have you been dude?! We've been calling and texting you!" Yonghee shouted, astonished at her. 

"Why haven't we seen you since our free period Yeona?" Dohyun questioned harshly. 

Yeona watched her friends from the front door. 

"Why are you so mad at me?" She asked quietly. 

"There's already a few questions on the table Yeona," Yonghee replied harshly. 

"If you care so much, I was with Hyuck!" Yeona shouted right back at the two.

"Why?!" 

"Because I can! My life does not surround around the fact that we are a trio."

"What the heck did he want?" Dohyun huffed out, completely pissed at the mention of the boy. 

Yeona stared at her friends completely and utterly astounded at how they were acting. 

"You guys use to pray that I wouldn't end up alone and all of a sudden it's a problem?!" 

"It is when we can't find you for hours on end," Dohyun reasoned. 

"Get out. Now." Yeona uttered. "I don't wanna talk to you either until you can get your heads out of your ass."

Yonghee walked out the door angered and Dohyun did as well. Before he was fully out the door, he stopped in front of Yeona and said, "Don't think that I'm still not mad at you."

Yeona hung outside her doorway and watched her friends walk away. The girl was on the verge of tears but didn't want them to have that much of an effect on her. 

She went back into her apartment and locked her front door. She grabbed her phone and immediately went to her bedroom. Hoping to fall asleep as soon as possible so she could forget this all ever happened. 

<><><><><><><><><>

Dohyun did hold up his end of the argument. They didn't talk at all during school or after. Yonghee had come and talked to her and expressed how she felt. The two girls were able to apologize and get on with their lives.

It was now around 4PM on the next day and Yeona sat on a bench in their local park. It wasn't unusual for her to come a sit her after school or whenever she was stressed. The sun was setting and Yeona laid down, resting her head on her bag. Music played from her phone through her headphones and the girl was at peace. 

She had talked with Hyuck today, not as much as she would have liked. She knew somewhere Dohyun would be watching and judging. She didn't care too much about his opinion, but she also felt that she was unfair to her friends and Donghyuck. 

Her left headphone was pulled out of ear suddenly and put into someone else's. 

"How'd you find me?" Yeona asked. 

"Well, Renjun told me you usually come here after school if you aren't with you're friends and I saw Yonghee and Dohyun at the pizza shop a few blocks from here. So, like the good friend I am, I walked over here to see you," Hyuck explained while helping the girl up. 

"Do you want to be my friend?" Yeona asked out of the blue. 

"Yeah, why woul-"

"Do you think we became friends too fast?" She asked again. 

"No, Yeona. Wh-"

"Do you think we spent too much time together yesterday?"

"No! Yeona, why are you asking me these questions?"

Yeona sighed before sitting back down. Hyuck followed in suit and awaited for he answer. 

"Me, Dohyun, and Yonghee got into a fight last night."

"Oh," the boy responded realizing why they weren't together. 

"They were made I didn't answer their calls or texts. They got even madder when they realized I was with you. Me and Yonghee got over it this morning, but Dohyun is really pissed off at me," the girl went on, not daring to look away from the sky in front of her. 

"Why would they be mad at you for hanging out with me?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I spent the whole party with you and now we're working on a project together. We just have reason to be together now."

"Well I enjoy your company. I now it's weird getting close to someone so fast, but I think we can make this work."

"Maybe we're better on our own," Yeona suggested. 

Donghyuck was startled at what she said. Instantly getting up, he pulled her hands as walked towards his car. Hyuck put the girl in the passenger's side of the car and went to the driver's side. Locking the duo into the car, Hyuck turned to the girl and watched her closely. 

"Are you saying this because you want to or because you think it's what you need to say to get your friends back?" Hyuck asked seriously. 

"Donghyuck-"

"Don't use my full name now. You know, you never call me 'Donghyuck' and it's weird to say it now."

"What are you gaining from this?"

"Knowing whether or not I'm wasting my time trying to be your friend when you don't really wanna be mine."

Yeona stared deep into the boys eyes, hoping he wasn't telling the truth. "I want to be you friend, Hyuck, but maybe we shouldn't do it so fast."

"Yeona, you and I both know anyone can become friends under any circumstance during any time period. Who cares if we become friends in 2 days or 2 years?! If we're both comfortable with this, then it's fine."

The two sat in the car and looked at each other for a while. Hyuck looked away from the girl and put the keys into the ignition. 

"Wait, what ae you doing?"

"What I originally came to talk to you about. We are going to spend the rest of the day together. If someone calls or text, we answer so they know we're ok. We do this the way we wanna do it."

With that, Hyuck pulled out of the park's parking lot and drove to the first place to come to his mind. 

The arcade.