8

Fridays. 

The best day of the week known to date. 

Yeona and Haechan walked into school together that morning quite tired. The pair had stayed up pretty late talking to each other about anything they could think of. 

"What happened to you two?" Jisung asked, approaching the duo with Chenle at his side. 

"You two look like zombies!" Chenle shouted. 

"Stayed up late talking," Yeona responded. 

"You were together last night? Is that why Kim Dohyun has been so pissed all morning?" Chenle questioned. 

At the mention of the boys name, Yeona's ears perked up. "W-wait, what do you mean?"

"He snapped at Yonghee and then left school," Jisung replied. This all happened earlier. Man, too bad your guys classes don't start as early as ours. We saw the whole thing go down."

"Where's Yonghee?" Yeona asked concerned.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure she went to the nurse. Her cheek was super red, I mean li-" Chenle explained before he was cut off. 

Yeona had took off towards the nurse and Hyuck was right behind her. They were yelled at a few times, either by teachers or other students, but neither could care. Yeona had to make sure Yonghee was ok and Hyuck had to make sure Yeona was ok. 

Yeona almost slid past the nurses' door from running so fast. Sure enough, she was sitting on a care outside the private room with an icepack on her cheek and tear-filled eyes.

"Yonghee? Oh my gosh, what happened?" Yeona asked, quickly walking towards the girl. 

"Dohyun is out of his mind," Yonghee replied, bursting into tears again. 

"W-what do you mean? Is this about our fight?" Yeona questioned, getting very serious. 

Yonghee only had to look at Hyuck for Yeona to know what happened. 

"I'm gonna kill him."

"Wait, Yeona," Hyuck said, grabbing her arm. "You can't just escalate this situation."

"Yeona, he's right. It'll just get worse," Yonghee reasoned. 

"Aren't you afraid what's comin' next? I mean what if he doesn't stop? Let me at least try and call him to talk."

Yonghee looked over to Hyuck and back to Yeona before nodding her head slowly. Hyuck at let go of the girl and let her walk outside to make her call. 

Yonghee awkwardly looked between Haechan and the floor before saying. "Um, i think it's best that y-you know that me and, um, Dohyun fo-"

"Followed us yesterday," Hyuck finished. "Yeah I know."

Yonghee nodded sheepishly. She started to ask something, but Hyuck had spoken again. 

"I saw you outside the restaurant. It's ok, don't feel like you have to apologize. But, uh, Yeona doesn't know. I think it should stay that way taking in how she's acting right now."

Yonghee nodded he head in agreement and went back to staring at the floor. Quick steps were heard coming back into the office. Yeona had just put her phone i her back pocket and sighed. 

"Went straight to voicemail 4 times, but I let a message saying I just wanna talk."

"Ok," Yonghee replied, standing up. "You two should get to class. I know you have a pretty important project due in a while, so you should get started."

"Yonghee, that can wait."

The girl looked over at Haechan, asking for some help. 

"Yeona, maybe we should just get to class and let Yonghee think for a while," Haechan reasoned. 

"Haechan-"

"Yeona."

The duo went into a deep staring match before both were being pushed of the nurses' office by Yonghee. She shut the door behind them and, through the glass, mouthed, 'Get to class'.

Yeona sighed and slapped her hands against her legs. Hyuck watched the girl curiously. He'd never seen her like this before. Taking her hand lightly, he gently began pulling her towards their class.

<><><><><><><><><>

"How come you two were so late to class?" Hangyeol asked. Art had just ended and the group was able to decide the process of how the project would go and the gist of how it would look. 

"Oh, uh..." Yeona started. She almost finished before Donghyuck stepped in. 

"We had to go get something before class started. We couldn't remember where we put it so we both went to find it."

Mina, Jihoon, and Hangyeol all nodded along to the lie, obliviously. Yeona glanced at Hyuck, smiling lightly to thank him non-verbally. 

The two decided that Yeona would go and find Yonghee, so the two could spend their free period together. Hyuck would just spend time with Mark, Jaemin, Renjun, and the rest of the boys. Both would just try to keep their minds completely occupied. 

It had worked for Yonghee and Yeona, but not so much for Haechan. Him and Mark were sitting in his car waiting for everyone to come back with food. 

Mark was the first to break the silence. "Why are you being so quiet?"

Hyuck sighed before replying, "I don't know."

"Do you not know or you just aren't ready to talk about it?"

"Goodness Mark," Hyuck sigh before explaining. "Well, you know how me and Yeona got really close to each other over the past week?"

"Yeah?"

"Well she told me that her, Kim Dohyun, and Choi Yonghee got into a fight that night you called me. They were mad at her for spending so much time with me and not answering her phone. Yonghee and Yeona made up, but not Dohyun and the girls. So, the next day, me and Yeona spent the day together again and I saw them following us. And now this morning, Jisung and Chenle told us about how Yonghee and Dohyun got into a fight. Like, there's been so much happening ever since we became friends."

"You don't ever get like this when we get in trouble?" Mark reasoned. 

"Well this is different."

"How so?" Mark challenged. 

"I don't know Mark."

Mark nodded along to what he was saying before speaking again. "Do you think it's because you use to have a crush on her?"

It was true, Hyuck did use to have a big crush on Yeona throughout the senior and junior year of high school and then freshman year in college. He never talked to her though because she was such a quiet girl and never talked to anyone besides the teachers. He had really just gotten over her, but couldn't deny that his feelings for her were coming back. 

Hyuck tried to speak again, wanting to justify his feelings, but nothing came out his mouth. 

"You ever thought about telling her about that long crush?" Mark asked instead. 

"I just wanna forget this all ever happened," Hyuck replied truthfully. 

"Well, how about I talk to Taeyong and Jaehyun. We can get them to throw a party like tomorrow and you invite Yeona and maybe even Yonghee. You tell Yeona how you felt the past three years."

"The only reason you want Yonghee to come is because you know Jaemin thinks she's cute."

Mark smiled sheepishly. "What can I say? I'm playing cupid for goodness sakes!"