16

Yeona's breathing was very sporadic. She hadn't really been present since Hyuck came to her apartment. She could see the brokenness in his eyes everytime he spoke. The scene playing over and over in her head. 

"You ok?" Dohyun asked from the driver's seat. He was driving the pair to a drive-in movie for their date. He too was quite shocked about Hyuck's behavior. 

"What? oh, yeah, I'm fine. That was nothing," she replied quickly. 

"You sure? I mean, I would understand if you aren't feeling up to this," Dohyun reasoned.

"No, no, no. I asked you out, I can't bail. I'm fine, let's just get to the movie."

"Ok, then."

Silence engulfed the duo. It wasn't comfortable nor uncomfortable. Almost as if there was tension or denial in the air, but neither wanted to admit it. 

"So, um, we're here," Dohyun announced and put the car into park. "Is there ay specific snack you wanted?"

"Just a red bean bun and I'm fine with whatever else you wanna get," she replied, looking to boy sweetly. 

Dohyun smiled sheepishly, nodded his head, and went to the concession stand. Once the car door was shut, Yeona's smile quickly faded away. She thought this date would fix the way she was feeling about Hyuck, but it wasn't. She wanted this void in her to go away and this was suppose to fix this. The feeling of being wanted. If Dohyun liked her, then she should feel wanted. But she is nowhere close to feeling the way she did when she was with Hyuck. 

Tears welled up in the girl's eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. Yeona was so conflicted and she didn't know why. This wasn't her and deep down, she knew that. She knew going on a date wasn't going to do her any good. She knew ignoring Hyuck wouldn't do her any good either. 

She needed to fix her mistakes, but that would be hard knowing none of them would want to talk to her. In this moment of time, Yeona was pracitally hated by everyone around her. And she didn't blame them. 

"So, I got us red bean buns, popcorn, Sprites, and snicker bites," Dohyun announced, getting back into his car. 

Yeona starred up at Dohyun, sorry, and replied, "Great, let's watch this movie."

At the end of the day, she knew she would have to break his heart again.

<><><><><><><><><><>

On the other side of town, Hyuck was laying across his couch. His eyes locked on the ceiling and not moving. Empty beer cans littered the floor of his living room, but he could care less. 

Multiple people have come knocking at his door, but he never had to energy to get up and answer it. He knew it was the Dreamies on the other side, but he needed to be alone in this moment. 

"Why do the bad things always happen to me?" He thought to himself. "All I've asked for was for Yeona to like me back and that couldn't even stick."

He looked to his left and watched his TV for a while. To his dismay, "The K2" was currently playing and Je-ha was trying to find Anna before bomb went off in Cloud 9. 

"Everyone alway ends up with the girl, but me!" he shouted at his TV. The silence after was almost an invitation for his tears to flow out of his eyes. 

He looked back up at the ceiling and decided to close his eyes and try to sleep. it was better to go to sleep and temporarily forget than to stay awake and remind himself every 5 minutes. 

This idea worked fine for a couple of hours. Haechan fell asleep on the couch, beer can in hand. His snores were loud as his phone rang so many times. Jaemin, Mark, Taeil, Jungwoo, Doyoung, Hendery, and Lucas all tried to call him. All the boys had to have been together discussing his current state, but he could care less. 

What woke Hyuck was the sudden urge to call Yeona. It was almost pointless, but he carried out his initial thoughts. 

Her name was the first to pop up when he started to type her name. The phone rang for a few seconds before he was sent to voicemail. 

"Yeona~~ I just wanted to h-hear your voiceeeee. In the middle of the night, but, uh, dats ok. Tonight, i'm gettin' throwed though. Dats ok, though. Uh, damn, ok, are w-we just friendssss? Feeling nauseous, just a little, but I'm ok. Yeona~ hahhahahaha! You don't need me like I need you," Hyuck said a little more clearly. "Call me, please."

The boy threw his phone onto the floor and took himself to his room. Kicking beer cans out of the way, his feet were able to carry himself to his bed. He kicked of his shoes and shimmied his jacket off as well. Going limb, the boy completely fell into his bed and past out for the rest of the night.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

"It's late, guys, he won't answer," Taeil sighed. 21 boys were currently crowded together at Johnny's house, waiting for Mark to come back. It was deep into the night and most of them had school tomorrow. 

"We have to come up with a plan, fast. This is gonna ruin him and then he'll just spiral," Taeyong announced. 

"What should we do?" Sungchan asked. Him and Shotaro were the newest additions to the friends group, having met Jisung and Chenle in theri classes. 

"What if we split into teams? All of us do something to try and make him happy," Doyoung suggested. 

"That could work guys," Jaemin added. 

"Ok, Dreamies, Sungchan, Shotaro, you'll be one team. Get him in the morning, make sure he gets to school and make sure he is happy. Whether that is kissing up to him or giving him something to enjoy. 127, we can get him after school, take him to the record store, arcade, some place he likes a lot. WayV, you'll be in charge of getting him home and him food. maybe Hendery and YangYang can spend the night as his place, so he doesn't do anything stupid when we're gone," Taeyong explained. 

"He's gonna get annoyed of us sooner or later," Yuta countered. 

"Well then he's gonna have to suck it up," Renjun replied. 

"We're his friends, we can't let him down," Jisung explained.

Everyone in the group all silently agreed that tomorrow would be dedicated to helping Donghyuck. 

"Go home, get some rest. Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day," Kun voiced. 

Some boys got up to leave and Johnny knew some were just gonna spend the night. 

"To be honest, I still think it's weird they named their entire friend group and split themselves into subunits," Shotaro whispered to Sungchan. 

"I do too, don't worry," the boy replied and then the entire group dispersed.