SEVEN

BROTHER KNOWS BEST

"Rue, I love you and all, but everyone can hear your music," Caleb said as he walked into her room, "What's got you upset?"

"I'm not upset," Ruby denied.

"You're laying on your bed, hugging your pillow for dear life," Caleb deadpanned, "And you're blasting sad songs through the whole tower. Come on, tell your little brother what's wrong," he said, sitting in the edge of her bed.

"Is it because we're moving?" Caleb asked, "Are you upset about that again? Because we're still gonna come up here for visits and stuff, Dad even said he's thinking of getting us a house up here, so we don't have to live with a bunch of superhero's," he chuckled, "Rue, what's wrong?"

"Moving is.. part of it," Ruby admitted as she rolled off of her stomach and onto her back, staring at the ceiling.

"Go on," Caleb laid next to her, "Tell me what's on your mind."

"Peter found out we're moving," Ruby sighed, "And he's mad because I wasn't the one that told him."

"Well, put yourself in his shoes, Ruby," Caleb reasoned, "I don't really blame him. Imagine your best friend didn't tell you they were moving across the state until a few days before they leave. How would you feel?"

"Sad," Ruby answered after a second, "But I wouldn't get pissed off like Peter did. He hasn't answered his phone all night."

"I know you," Caleb laughed, "You're a drama queen, just like everyone who was ever part of our family. I know you'd overreact, just like Peter did. Just give him some time."

"How much time?"

"As long as he needs," Caleb replied, "It might take a while, he probably feels left out, and maybe even betrayed."

Ruby sat up, "What if he never talks to me again?" she panicked, "What if he just stops being my friend?"

"I doubt that would happen," Caleb shrugged, "The only way he'd stop being friends with you if if he makes you his girlfriend instead."

Ruby rolled her eyes, "Peter doesn't like me like that, and you know it."

"God you're so oblivious," Caleb sighed and sat up with her, "But that's besides to point. If peter won't answer, try Ned."

Ruby nodded and Caleb left the room, "Turn your music down," he said as he left, "I'm making you food, so stop being sad and get your ass out here!" he called out as he shut the door.

"You're annoying!" Ruby called out.

"So are you!"

Ruby laughed and pulled her phone out, sighing as she looked over the many texts she'd sent Peter. And the calls. "I look so desperate," she mumbled and opened Neds contact.

Ned Leeds 🤖💙

Hey Ned

Have you talked to Peter?

He's pretty mad at you right now.

What's going on? He won't tell
me anything.

I'm moving next week

And he's mad that I didn't tell
him yet.

Woah you're moving?

Where?

Upstate somewhere

You're not mad?

Of course I'm not mad, Ruby

Thank god. I can't have both
you and Peter hating me

I could never hate you, and Peter
doesn't hate you either

He's just mad , give him time

You sound like my brother

Wanna help me build my new lego death
star? I dropped it earlier. Right after
I finished it too!

Sounds fun, I'll be at your house in
half an hour

See you then

Bye Ned