THIRTY ONE

GIRL TIME

"You look perfect," Liz squealed as Ruby stepped out of the closet after changing into the dress. "Your date is going to faint!"

"Thanks," Ruby laughed nervously. "I feel really pretty in this dress."

"Well you look it too," Liz grinned. "Who are you going with anyway?"

"Peter."

"Peter Parker?" Liz asked, raising an eyebrow. "I didn't think he'd actually ask you. He's more brave than I thought."

"You'd be surprised," Ruby laughed. "Who's your date?"

"I didn't really have time to get a date," Liz shrugged.

"Well, Ned doesn't have a date either," Ruby said. "I can't let two of my friends both go alone. Especially if one of them is letting me borrow her dress."

Liz laughed, "Could you ask him if he wants to?"

"I'm sure it's a definite yes," Ruby smiled. "He's so sweet. He'll probably be really nervous."

"That's adorable, honestly," Liz smiled back. "We can get them to meet us here if you want."

"Ned said his mom really wants to drive him so he wouldn't be able to," Ruby sighed. "But sure, we can get Peter here."

"Sounds fun," Liz smiled, standing up and grabbing her dress. "I'm gonna get get changed. You call Ned and Peter."

Ruby nodded and laughed.

Ned Leeds 🤖💙

Hey! Liz wants to know if you'll go to homecoming with her tonight. You in?

Are you kidding?

Rue is this a joke? Are you
pranking me?

Of course I'm not

So is it a yes of a no?

YES

TELL HER YES

Will do, see you tonight

This is awesome!

Ruby laughed and switched the contact to Peters.

Peter Parker 😌❤️

I'm at Liz's house, she wants
to know if you'll meet us here and
her dad can drive us to the school

Sure that sounds good

Hey why is Ned freaking out? He's
saying tonight is the best night of his
life but he won't tell me why

Liz asked him to be her date

That explains it

I gotta go, see you in like half an hour!

See you

"Ned says yes," Ruby said, not looking up from her phone. 

"How do I look?" Liz asked.

Ruby finally looked up and her jaw dropped, "You look beautiful! Better than beautiful, you look gorgeous, Liz."

"Thanks," Liz grinned. "I wasn't sure about this dress and these shoes."

"No you look amazing, they go together really well," Ruby said. "Oh, Peter said he'll be here in half an hour."

"Cool," Liz nodded and sat next to her on the bed. "So, what do you want to do?"

"YOU WERE LOVIN' ME, HATIN' ME, TELL ME YOURE MY BABY, CALLIN' ME TELLIN' ME EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE JUST BEEN THROUGH!" Liz and Ruby sang along to the long playing on Ruby's phone loudly.

"AND I SAID OKAY MY BABY EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT, I'LL NEVER LET YOU OUT OF MY SIGHT CAUSE I'LL HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS AND I'LL HOLD YOU SO TIGHT," They continued. "BE-E-E! I WANT THE GIRL YOU USED TO BEEEEEEEEEEE!"