TWENTY SEVEN

BIRTHDAY PARTY PLANS

Ruby sighed, opening her locker. No note fell out. "I don't know why I thought he'd leave one," she sighed and pulled out her books before slamming her locker shut and walking down the hall to her first class.

Her eyes locked with Peters as they walked in opposite sides of the hall. She saw the dark bags under his eyes, the way it looked like he'd been crying. His hair was messy and his outfit looked like he'd just rolled out of bed and threw on the first thing he saw. They kept eye contact for a few seconds, Ruby saw the sadness his eyes held, and he saw the guilt behind hers. But, they turned away and continued walking.

"So I was thinking," Caleb sat down across from his sister. "Since your birthdays coming up, we could have this big party at the new facility."

Ruby hummed, thought she wasn't listening, she was staring across the cafeteria as Peter, who was staring at Liz again.

"Dad and Tony already said yes to it, so that's not a problem," Caleb continued. "What kind of cake do you want? There's chocolate, vanilla, we could have ice cream cake. Nat is actually really good at baking so maybe she'll bake you a cake so we don't have to buy it."

"Mhm," Ruby mumbled.

"Are you gonna dress up for the birthday or no? Because it's a party and I kind of want to wear a suit so I can get a girlfriend because I look great in suits," Caleb rambled. "Yeah, we'll make it a party where we have everyone dress up nice."

"Yup.." Ruby said, still not listening to a word he was saying.

"And decorations, should we even have too much? We're gonna have streamers and balloons for sure, but we won't overdo it," Caleb went on.

Ruby nodded absentmindedly, "Fun."

"Oh!" Caleb gasped. "And a theme.. you like 80's movies, right? We can make the theme 80's, if you want. And guests.. who do you want to invite? How many people? Do you want a big party or a smaller party?"

"Mhm," Ruby hummed.

"Hey," Caleb snapped his head towards her, finally noticing she wasn't listening to anything he'd said. "Helloooo," he waved a hand in front of her face.

"Huh?" Ruby turned towards him.

"I asked how many people you want to come to the party," Caleb said.

Ruby furrowed her eyebrows, "What party?"

"Your birthday party, we're throwing one at our new place," Caleb explained. "What we're you looking at anyways?"

"Nothing," Ruby looked down. "It's not important."

"Was it Peter?" Caleb questioned, and when Ruby didn't answer, he knew. "Rue, you need to stop thinking about him, he threw a fit like a little kid. Once he realizes the amazing person he lost, he'll come crawling back and begging for you to forgive him. I know it."

Ruby sighed, "So a party for me, huh?"

a/n: but of a filler if you couldn't tell lmao