SEVENTEEN

HEALTH REASONS

"Hey, it's Peter and Ruby!" Abraham yelled as Peter and Ruby ran towards the group.

"Hey guys," Peter greeted.

"Peter?" Liz asked, "Ruby?"

"I was hoping maybe I could rejoin the team," Peter asked hopefully.

"No, no way," Flash spoke up, "You can't just quit on us, then stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone."

"Hey, welcome back Peter!" Mr. Harrington said as he stepped off of the bus, "Flash, you're back to first alternate."

"What?" Flash asked, his jaw dropping.

"He's taking your place!" Abraham laughed.

"Yeah, Flash," Ruby laughed with Abraham, "He's taking your place."

"Ruby?" Mr. Harrington asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I need to be here for Peters health reasons," Ruby lied, "His aunt, May, wanted to make sure he'd take his medicine."

"Oh, alright," Mr. Harrington nodded, "That's great. Do you have everything you'll need?"

"All packed," Ruby grinned, holding up her bag.

"Excuse me can we leave already?" MJ asked, "I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of the embassy before dinner."

"Protesting is patriotic," Mr. Harrington said, "Let's get on the bus!"

"Can I take this real quick?" Peter asked when his phone started ringing.

"Yeah, fine," Liz nodded.

"I need to listen to the call.." Ruby stood up as well once she saw Happy's face on the screen, "..health reasons."

The two went to the back of the bus, Peter answered the call and Ruby listened in.

"Got a blip on my screen, here," Happy said "You and Ruby left New York?"

"Dog chip," Ruby face palmed.

"Tracker," Peter whispered.

"No one dog chipped you, Rue," Happy denied, "Tony put a tracker in your boots, the ones you always wear?"

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted Tony giving me two birthday presents," Ruby rolled her eyes.

"Uh, yeah, we left New York," Peter said, "It's just a school trip. It's uh, it's nothing."

"Remind me to call Tony later," Ruby whispered to Ned and he nodded.

"Guy in the chair?"  Ned asked.

"What?" Ruby mumbled, "Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Look, Happy," Peter continued, "I gotta say, tracking me without my permission.. is a complete violation of my privacy."

Ned pointed at the tracker for the guys that work for the vulture guy.

"That's different," Peter whispered.

"What's different?" Happy questioned.

"Uh, nothing," Peter answered quickly, "Look, it's just the Academic Decathlon."

"Yeah, it's no big deal, Hap," Ruby spoke up.

"Hey, hey," Happy said, "I'll decide if it's no big deal."

"Oh, please," Ruby muttered under her breath.

"Sound like it's no big deal," Happy said after a moment, "But remember, I'm watching you two."

a/n: ik, three updates in one day? i'm going insane. but...GUYS I GOT A GIRLFRIEND