THIRTY TWO

HOMECOMING.. ISH

The girls heard the doorbell ring and Liz squealed, "Looks like your lover boy is here," she teased, grabbing Ruby's hand and bringing her out of her room.

"Wow," Peter gasped.

"They look beautiful, don't they?" Liz's mom grinned as Ruby and Liz made their way down the hall and towards them. "Honey, that dress fits perfect on you!"

"Thank you," Ruby grinned then made eye contact with a blushing Peter, making her blush.

"Wow," Liz's dad said. "Wow, wow, wow, don't you look beautiful?" he said towards his daughter.

"Doesn't she, Pete?"

"Yeah, you look really good," Peter told Liz before he turned to Ruby. "You look g-great too."

Ruby grinned, "You too."

"I want pictures!" Liz's mom came around the corner with a camera. "I'm sure Ruby's family does too, and Peters too!"

Ruby laughed, "My brother will not stop teasing me for this."

"Here we are," Liz's dad said. "End of the line."

"Thanks, dad," Liz opened her car door.

"You heard in there, gumdrop," He told her. "I'm gonna give Peter the, uh, 'dad' talk."

"But.. he's here with Ruby," Liz said, and Ruby nodded.

"Just go in, love you gumdrop," He told her as she left the car, shutting the door behind her.

Liz's dad, Adrian, pulled out a gun and turned towards Peter and Ruby, "Does she know?"

"That I'm Sam Wilson's daughter, yeah, everyone knows that," Ruby crossed her arms over her chest. "It was all over the news when aunt Nat let out all our information."

"You shut up," Adrian said, not even looking at Ruby.

"Don't tell her to shut up," Peter said, narrowing his eyes at Adrian.

"Does she know?" Adrian repeated.

"Know what?" Peter questioned.

"So she doesn't," Adrian said. "Good. Close to the vest. I admire that. I've got a few secrets of my own."

"Everyone does," Ruby mumbled under her breath.

"Of all the reasons I didn't want my daughter to date.." Adrian continued, ignoring Ruby, "..Peter, Ruby.. nothing is more important than family. You two saved my daughters life. I could never forget something like that. So I'm gonna give you one chance. Are you ready?"

Peter and Ruby stayed silent, eyeing Adrian cautiously. How does no one see the gun?

"The two of you walk through those doors, you forget any of this happened," Adrian said. "And don't you ever, ever, interfere with my business again. Because if you do.. I'll kill you both.. and everybody you love."

Ruby's bottom lip quivered once she heard those words, she didn't want to die. And she certainly wouldn't let her family or friends, or anyone for that matter, die for her.

"I'll kill you dead," Adrian said. "That's what I'll do to protect my family. Do you understand?"

"Listen, sir, I do understand," Ruby started, and he finally turned to look at her. "But don't you think this, what you're doing, is hurting your family? You say you'll do anything to protect your family. And I get that, I would too. But if you just stopped-"

"Hey," Adrian cut her off. "I just saved your life. Now, what do you say?"

"Thank you," Peter said.

"You're welcome," Adrian nodded, then turned towards Ruby. "And you?"

Ruby stayed silent for a moment, thinking of any way to get out of this. "Thanks."

Peter and Ruby got out of the car and Adrian drove away. Peter turned towards Ruby, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she mumbled. "I-I'm good, are you?"

"Good, I'm good," Peter said. "Uh, you go in. I need some air."

"Okay.." Ruby mumbled. "I'll be with Caleb and MJ," she said and walking inside the school, greeting her friends and brother.

"You look gorgeous," Caleb said as his sister walked to him. "Never knew you could look better than a dead rat."

"Okay, you were being sweet for like ten seconds," Ruby laughed. "Why'd you have to ruin it?"

"You look.. really pretty," MJ said, genuinely smiling at her friend.

"Doesn't she?" Liz grinned.

"You look amazing, you're actually wearing a dress," Ruby smiled and turned to Ned and Liz.

"Hey, Rue," Ned greeted, giving her a hug. "You look great."

"You too, you're wearing your good luck hat, huh?"

"Yes ma'am," Ned tipped his hat and the group laughed.

"Peter," Ruby smiled as he walked to her. But she noticed the look on his face, and her smile dropped, along with her stomach. "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"I gotta go," Peter said. "I'm-I'm sorry."

"Peter, what's going on?" Ruby questioned. "You have to tell me."

"You don't deserve this. You look stunning, by the way, angelic, actually," He smiled softly. "Don't follow me, I have to do this alone."

And with that, he ran.

a/n: shits about to go down btw