SIXTEEN

I TRUST YOU

"They stopped," Ned announced and Ruby fell from her spot, floating in the air.

"You okay?" Peter asked, laughing.

"Just peachy," Ruby said as she stood up, "Where'd they stop?"

"Maryland," Peter answered after he glanced at the tracker.

"What's there?" Ned asked.

"Don't know," Ruby shrugged and laid on the floor.

"Evil lair?" Peter joked.

Neds head shot up, "They have a lair?"

"Dude," Peter scoffed, "A gang with alien guns, run by a guy with wings? Yeah, they have a lair."

"Badass," Ned nodded, "But, how are you gonna get there if it's like, three hundred miles away?"

Peter glanced at the Academic Decathlon poster in the corner of the room, and Ruby and Ned looked too.

"It's not too far from D.C." Peter smiled.

"So, the plan is.. I go to the Academic Decathlon with Peter and Med and the whole team," Ruby explained to her brother and father in the kitchen of the tower, "And Peter and I will catch the vulture guy and lock him up."

"Can I help?" Caleb asked.

"No," Ruby shook her head, "Absolutely not."

"Why are you telling me this when you know I could just tell Tony?" Sam spoke up, "Who, may I remind you, told you to do the exact opposite of what you're about to do."

"Because I trust you," Ruby leaned up and kissed his cheek, "All my stuff for moving is packed and I'll be back in a few days, bye!"